Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 01, 2020, 03:24:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 95
  • Latest: prasono
Stats
  • Total Posts: 749
  • Total Topics: 70
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 144
  • (August 14, 2019, 12:20:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 14
Total: 16

14 Guests, 2 Users

Author Topic: SFE Attractor EA  (Read 10554 times)

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
Re: SFE Attractor EA
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2019, 11:03:29 PM »
I will look this over the weekend and discover if these are the problems. I only run 2 terminals and have a quite a big VPS but I think the times you suggested could in fact be out of sync.

How many bars history will i "need" for each of your EA's? I have put 10000 but I used to run them on much less till recently but I will gladly run less bars if this helps. On each terminal I have 3 EA's opened on 3 EURUSD 5M charts.

for my EAs with 2000 are enough, but 10.000 is a low number anyway, if there are problems, is not for the 10.000 bars of history ( between 2.000 and 10.000 I think will be very similar at resource level)

look my message talking about VPS, can be other reasons more serious

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2020, 01:46:46 PM »
Version 2.0 published. Find in the first message the backtest and the risk recommended.

Byte

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2020, 06:56:58 PM »
Hi,
just wanted to see if there is a reason you have not posted about the version 3.0
Most of all, are there any changes to the settings, recommended risk, etc. Just try to figure out, if I can just load the settings from 2.1 or if I should start from scratch. Just checking, since changing the symbols with the post-fix is such a  pain.
Best

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2020, 01:15:17 AM »
Hi,
just wanted to see if there is a reason you have not posted about the version 3.0
Most of all, are there any changes to the settings, recommended risk, etc. Just try to figure out, if I can just load the settings from 2.1 or if I should start from scratch. Just checking, since changing the symbols with the post-fix is such a  pain.
Best

Hi, Sorry for the delay.

Maybe this has been commented in the telegram group this time. Has been a big change on the trio SFE Price Action, SFE Attractor, SFE Kiss. This trio are the 'momentum/impulse' price action EAs, and there is a big lack of this last months, and when happens, the retracement is very huge, sometimes until the starting point, so at this moment these kind of systems are in a difficult situation.

I found a way to avoid the most typical traps, so now only the best setups are taken, because in good years, good and average setups makes profit but markets like the current, these average setups can result in big losses. So I decided to be more strict. IN the good years the EA will also do a lot of money, less than the prior versions but this is compensated by far with the performance in markets like the current, where the EA will change big loses to even or some profit.

Now, with that amount of different forex EAs and the Stock Market EA,  this first objective of any of the EAs is not lose in his bad behaviour, because other EA will make the money for him. This way, the EA can be ON in the portfolio until his kind of market return.

For example this July, hasn't been a single good impulse movement, and the current version amost has not trade at all, but this means the more strict criteria has worked very well. The trades of July of the old versions would have been loses.

Byte

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2020, 10:50:33 PM »
Thank you, that is helpful. I sort of remembered some of it. I was just surprised not to see the first post updated. It was nice to have those as a go to place to quickly double check if there is a need to adjust risk levels etc.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2020, 11:37:55 PM »
Thank you, that is helpful. I sort of remembered some of it. I was just surprised not to see the first post updated. It was nice to have those as a go to place to quickly double check if there is a need to adjust risk levels etc.

Yes, I will try to have the information well updated. I will check all the next days.

Byte

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2020, 09:08:12 PM »
Really appreciate that!

Byte

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2020, 12:16:56 AM »
Is the recommended risk still 0.6?

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2020, 02:52:42 AM »
Is the recommended risk still 0.6?

The default risk is now 1% risk per trade for SFE Attractor. You can see the default risk for each EA on the screen of my live stream: http://bit.ly/sfelive

SFE Signal Website: http://www.SFESignal.com
Risk Warning: This message contains general information which doesn't take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Trading isn't suitable for everyone and, if you're a professional/wholesale client, you could lose more than your initial investment. Please read the relevant legal documents and seek independent advice if necessary.

Castellers de Vilafranca

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2020, 07:42:43 AM »
is it??!?!?! Oops I completely missed the new default risk!

Castellers de Vilafranca

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2020, 07:43:46 AM »
Actually on the first page it says the default risk is 0.6 still? So what is the correct answer?

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2020, 09:39:13 AM »
Actually on the first page it says the default risk is 0.6 still? So what is the correct answer?

The first post was last edited in May and the newest version of SFE Attractor was released on June 24th.

After SFE Evolution FX was updated to include the new version of SFE Attractor on June 25th, when I load the SFE Evolution FX the default risk per trade for SFE Attractor became 1%. So I believe 1% is the new recommended risk, but we can wait for Joel to confirm.

SFE Signal Website: http://www.SFESignal.com
Risk Warning: This message contains general information which doesn't take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Trading isn't suitable for everyone and, if you're a professional/wholesale client, you could lose more than your initial investment. Please read the relevant legal documents and seek independent advice if necessary.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2020, 07:43:02 PM »
I just updated the version and risk info in the first message, and attached the backtest of 3.0