Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

November 13, 2019, 07:46:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 437
  • Total Topics: 54
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 144
  • (August 14, 2019, 12:20:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12

12 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: SFE Attractor EA  (Read 2235 times)

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
Re: SFE Attractor EA
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2019, 12:00:07 AM »
Good news,

Tonight I will publish the new version 1.1

The recommended risk of the version 1.1 is 0.01 / 700 $

Just confirming the default 10-15% risk is now $700 USD instead of $1000 USD for 0.01?

Yes, the DD has been reduced in this version, then we can use a bigger ratio. Based on the backtest since 2008, DD about 1000$ are this common limit, and one time goes until 1500 $. The previous version common DD was 1500$, and one time until 2500$

This version will develop better in the market we have last years.

Byte

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2019, 08:00:30 PM »
I hope this is the right place to post my question. Please let me know if in the future I should rather use private messages.

I am running SFE Attractor and SFE Stealth together on two accounts with Mt.Cook. The DMA accounts nicely took the trades along the down move of EURUSD and EURJPY. The ECN account shows none of them and I do not see error messages.

Before any more complicated thoughts I should mention how I set up the GMT offset:
- ECN: +2 (right now, server time is 20:56, GMT is 17:56, and it is DST)
- DMA: -1  (right now, server time is 17:56, GMT is 17:56, and it is DST)

Both are upgraded to version 1.1

I would appreciate any thoughts ...

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2019, 08:59:54 PM »
Have you made sure “AutoTrading” and “Allow Live Trading” are both enabled on the ECN account?

Byte

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2019, 10:44:36 PM »
Hi Jimmy,
yes I have. And the ECN account has had trades before as well. I will monitor. Just a real petty to have missed that move.
Cheers,
Byte

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2019, 10:59:20 PM »
That’s a bit unusual to have no pending orders at all on your account, when both SFE Price Action and SFE Attractor opened pending orders after the strong spike on my account. Maybe your broker’s server went offline or something like that? I think it’s something more global on the account that prevented the EA to trade, rather than the EA itself...just my guess. :)

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2019, 11:12:07 AM »
About this missing pending orders, I don't have enough information, but I would check the next:
- search old or wait for new pending orders, and confirm that pending orders are settled in this account without problems. Is very rare but in some brokers / servers there are some kind of limitations with pending orders, for example, fails depending of the date of the expiration. I repeat, is very rare, but first is be sure of this.
- if there isn't a problem with the pending orders, or the brokers server has been disconnected, or the mt4 platform has been frozen, or internet connection... has to be a problem not related with the EA because the same execution mechanic is working for years without problems.

Byte

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2019, 02:20:43 PM »
About this missing pending orders, I don't have enough information, but I would check the next:
- search old or wait for new pending orders, and confirm that pending orders are settled in this account without problems. Is very rare but in some brokers / servers there are some kind of limitations with pending orders, for example, fails depending of the date of the expiration. I repeat, is very rare, but first is be sure of this.
- if there isn't a problem with the pending orders, or the brokers server has been disconnected, or the mt4 platform has been frozen, or internet connection... has to be a problem not related with the EA because the same execution mechanic is working for years without problems.
I guess it must have been something about the MT4. I will check again, since that was after the update to 1.1. Before that I had orders going through just fine. Thank you for your thoughts.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2019, 04:09:46 PM »
Good recovery of Attractor since the update. Now the EA handles better the opened positions in this situation of very weak movements. I have confidence now in break the previous highs soon.