Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

December 07, 2019, 02:44:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 46
  • Latest: uner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 478
  • Total Topics: 54
  • Online Today: 33
  • Online Ever: 144
  • (August 14, 2019, 12:20:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 24
Total: 25

24 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: SFE Attractor EA  (Read 2838 times)

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
Re: SFE Attractor EA
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2019, 12:00:07 AM »
Good news,

Tonight I will publish the new version 1.1

The recommended risk of the version 1.1 is 0.01 / 700 $

Just confirming the default 10-15% risk is now $700 USD instead of $1000 USD for 0.01?

Yes, the DD has been reduced in this version, then we can use a bigger ratio. Based on the backtest since 2008, DD about 1000$ are this common limit, and one time goes until 1500 $. The previous version common DD was 1500$, and one time until 2500$

This version will develop better in the market we have last years.

Byte

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2019, 08:00:30 PM »
I hope this is the right place to post my question. Please let me know if in the future I should rather use private messages.

I am running SFE Attractor and SFE Stealth together on two accounts with Mt.Cook. The DMA accounts nicely took the trades along the down move of EURUSD and EURJPY. The ECN account shows none of them and I do not see error messages.

Before any more complicated thoughts I should mention how I set up the GMT offset:
- ECN: +2 (right now, server time is 20:56, GMT is 17:56, and it is DST)
- DMA: -1  (right now, server time is 17:56, GMT is 17:56, and it is DST)

Both are upgraded to version 1.1

I would appreciate any thoughts ...

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2019, 08:59:54 PM »
Have you made sure ďAutoTradingĒ and ďAllow Live TradingĒ are both enabled on the ECN account?

Byte

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2019, 10:44:36 PM »
Hi Jimmy,
yes I have. And the ECN account has had trades before as well. I will monitor. Just a real petty to have missed that move.
Cheers,
Byte

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2019, 10:59:20 PM »
Thatís a bit unusual to have no pending orders at all on your account, when both SFE Price Action and SFE Attractor opened pending orders after the strong spike on my account. Maybe your brokerís server went offline or something like that? I think itís something more global on the account that prevented the EA to trade, rather than the EA itself...just my guess. :)

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2019, 11:12:07 AM »
About this missing pending orders, I don't have enough information, but I would check the next:
- search old or wait for new pending orders, and confirm that pending orders are settled in this account without problems. Is very rare but in some brokers / servers there are some kind of limitations with pending orders, for example, fails depending of the date of the expiration. I repeat, is very rare, but first is be sure of this.
- if there isn't a problem with the pending orders, or the brokers server has been disconnected, or the mt4 platform has been frozen, or internet connection... has to be a problem not related with the EA because the same execution mechanic is working for years without problems.

Byte

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2019, 02:20:43 PM »
About this missing pending orders, I don't have enough information, but I would check the next:
- search old or wait for new pending orders, and confirm that pending orders are settled in this account without problems. Is very rare but in some brokers / servers there are some kind of limitations with pending orders, for example, fails depending of the date of the expiration. I repeat, is very rare, but first is be sure of this.
- if there isn't a problem with the pending orders, or the brokers server has been disconnected, or the mt4 platform has been frozen, or internet connection... has to be a problem not related with the EA because the same execution mechanic is working for years without problems.
I guess it must have been something about the MT4. I will check again, since that was after the update to 1.1. Before that I had orders going through just fine. Thank you for your thoughts.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2019, 04:09:46 PM »
Good recovery of Attractor since the update. Now the EA handles better the opened positions in this situation of very weak movements. I have confidence now in break the previous highs soon.

Castellers de Vilafranca

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2019, 01:42:01 AM »
Haha watching the EA trade this Trump HK bill signing is interesting. I closed straight away Stealth EA shorts. Walked the dog and came home and saw that now Attractor has sold EA. My inclination is to close the shorts in loss right now but I will let it run. I am surprised that EURAUD got low enough for Attractor to decide to sell. Looks like atrap to me let's see who is smarter in the end me or the robot!!!

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2019, 11:33:56 AM »
Haha watching the EA trade this Trump HK bill signing is interesting. I closed straight away Stealth EA shorts. Walked the dog and came home and saw that now Attractor has sold EA. My inclination is to close the shorts in loss right now but I will let it run. I am surprised that EURAUD got low enough for Attractor to decide to sell. Looks like atrap to me let's see who is smarter in the end me or the robot!!!

I think you will find that you will be right 90-95% of the time. ;D

Most of Joelís price action EAsí trades end up with small losses or break even. Only a small number of trades will actually catch a big movement and hit TP. But as we have seen, we only need that those movements to happen 3-4 times a year for the system to be profitable. We just need to wait patiently for those big days to come. :)

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2019, 01:05:05 AM »

I think you will find that you will be right 90-95% of the time. ;D

Most of Joelís price action EAsí trades end up with small losses or break even. Only a small number of trades will actually catch a big movement and hit TP. But as we have seen, we only need that those movements to happen 3-4 times a year for the system to be profitable. We just need to wait patiently for those big days to come. :)

Yes, major part of setups will end in loses, the important is not be much far of the previous high, to break it in the next good movement.

I have been working also in Attractor last days, but I still need some more time.

Castellers de Vilafranca

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2019, 10:52:45 PM »
Aaarrghhh this is really annoying. I saw the update on Telegram about new highs and thought that's weird. the I saw Jimmy account and the master account and there are about 7 Gold short trades, but both of my accounts with 2 different brokers only have 2 trades??!?!

This is really sucking as I got all the losing trads but now I don't get the big profits. How can I check why this has happened?? I have the same broker IC markets, and a fast VPS. This shoulnd't be happening.

Also the only way i can check is to check Jimmy's account because this one from Joel is set to open trades private. It's very hard to compare and discover when there is a problem.
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/atractor/sfe-attractor/3346254
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 10:55:10 PM by Castellers de Vilafranca »

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #27 on: Today at 12:31:55 AM »
Aaarrghhh this is really annoying. I saw the update on Telegram about new highs and thought that's weird. the I saw Jimmy account and the master account and there are about 7 Gold short trades, but both of my accounts with 2 different brokers only have 2 trades??!?!

This is really sucking as I got all the losing trads but now I don't get the big profits. How can I check why this has happened?? I have the same broker IC markets, and a fast VPS. This shoulnd't be happening.

Also the only way i can check is to check Jimmy's account because this one from Joel is set to open trades private. It's very hard to compare and discover when there is a problem.
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/atractor/sfe-attractor/3346254

damn.... I don't want to find excuses, but I think that some kind of situation out of the EA control has happened because in all my accounts in icmarkets and even in accounts with other brokers (tickmill and darwinex) I have all the orders, and have been a strong and clean movement, so, is not this kind of situation where for a little difference in the timing or the prices the orders are opened or not.

(I just connected the 'show open orders' in the myfxbook account.)

Then, and sharing this annoying, I post some of the problems that sometimes has affected the normal trading, maybe some of this happend or maybe is other thing, but for share the experience and knnowledge:

- sometimes, for unknow reason, the platform don't receive the prices, this can be minutes to hours, and this happens from time to time, I think this is a broker server problem, and when happens, happens, and you can't do nothing until the server is up again.

- sometimes is the mt4 platform which have some kind of freeze, this can happens if the vps resources are at full, using for example 100% of the processor or the memory. with ctrl+alt+sup we can open the threads monitor to see the resources used at this moment.
A way to notice that the vps is collapsed at resources levels, is for example see the hour in the market watch, when the vps is collapsed, you can see for example that market watch shows a big retard in his clock, for example showing 13:23 when the real hour is 13:40. This means that the platform is not processing the candles at time, and unexpected results can happen.

I have found that the last issue can be solved in great part only doing this:

** For decrease the resource needed by mt4, remember to reduce the number of bars on history and charts. And also leave on the market watch only the symbols needed to run the EAs.

Doing this, I launch up to 6 mt4 platforms on each VPS I have without problems.

- last thing, check the hard disk free space, we have to be sure that is not out of space.

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Today at 12:56:54 AM »
You also mentioned about the Market tab freezing on you MT4, so I really think it's more of a MT4 problem on your end - probably due to the platform freezing because of lack of resources/ RAM. 

I am not sure how many MT4s you run on your VPS, but I am only running 2 MT4s on mine. Maybe you need to run fewer MT4s or increase your VPS resources (ie. better CPU, more RAM, more disk space).