Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 21, 2019, 03:21:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 366
  • Total Topics: 54
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 144
  • (August 14, 2019, 12:20:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9

9 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: SFE Price Action EA  (Read 1127 times)

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
SFE Price Action EA
« on: June 10, 2019, 10:47:30 PM »
SFE Price Action is an Expert Advisor with a great diversification of operations and different systems working in  several pairs and timeframes at the same time. This increases the chances of sustained growth and reduces exposure to a single pair or individual operations. The risk is very controlled.

Based on own price action rules, no hedge, martingale, grid or any other type of dangerous practices are used, such as not closing failed operations.

You do not need any knowledge, the configuration is very easy and you do not need configuration or optimization work. It is not necessary to be alerted about whether the EA should be enabled or not. Due to its high diversification and low risk, it is safe to leave it always connected.

Counting on a 10-year backtest period and more than 4.0 years of live action since mid-2014, it shows the EA's great adaptability to any type of structural behavior in the market. The robot bases its advantage on intraday volatility, which often occurs independently of market bias.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

MQL5 market: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/5716
Myfxbook link: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/autotrade/sfe-price-action/1331484
MQL5 signal: https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/124880
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 08:54:39 PM by Attractor »

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
Re: SFE Price Action EA
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 08:56:25 PM »
Last version backtest can be found here:

https://c.mql5.com/31/287/SFE_PA_3.0.zip

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 08:57:49 PM »
June performance of the SFE family:

SFE Price Action EA has suffered the worst loss of the year this month.

The EA continues with an admissible level of number of tradings, but the weakness of the movements last months, keeps the EA a far for the last highs and the stagnation period is extending more than expected.

While this kind of soft market continues the EA will contine in trouble to get profits. But soon or later this can change. The golden age for this kind of EAs, begun in 2008 with the last world economical crisis, which leads to the currency markets to a large period of volatility and big movements. Seems that the next big economical crisis can be at the corner, therefore, the currency markets can have storms again and this will benefit this kind of EAs. The price of GOLD breaking the highs of the last years confirms that this new finacial crisis may be very near.

The Average True Range of EURUSD at the lowest values of the century:

« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 10:10:40 PM by Attractor »

nok

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 09:20:20 PM »
Could you please add an option in the next update to set the risk based on a given percentage of the balance? e.g. I would like to risk 0.25% per trade instead of a fixed lot because that allows me to better control the risk without guessing the largest possible stop loss distance.
The same would be useful for SFE EURUSD.
Is it possible to predict the max risk for a single pair? e.g. there is a hugh trend detected for EURAUD and trades are opened on M5, M15 and M30. How many trades max. could be open at the same time (which are not already secured with SL in profit)? From the history it looks like 6 (2 on each TF) but I'm not sure.

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 02:44:22 AM »
Hi nok,

Welcome to the forum! I know your question has not been answered for a while now, but I think Joel is just busy with his daily job. He surely will give you a detailed answer over the weekend. :)

From what I know, if you use the Autolot option in SFE Price Action, then the risk taken per trade will be the same percentage across all the different pairs.

This was Joel's explanation some time ago about the Autolot function:

If Autolot is used, the size of the order will be different for pairs with different base currency. The objective is that the same percentage of movement in different pairs, move the same quantity of money in the balance. For example, in the image above, 45.316,98 Ä, representing the 65% of the balance, are assigned to the expert in low risk. This results in a size of 0.42 lots for EURUSD, and 0.36 for GBPUSD. If a movement of 1% happens in the two pairs, the profit of the trades will change the same amount of money. The recommended ratio size/balance if someone want to use fixed size, is about 0.01 lots / 1.000 $ of balance. This is similar to a level of risk between low and moderate. Then, 1.000 $ is the minimal balance recommended for use the expert.

I know you are also asking if you can set a specific risk % for each trade, and while choosing High/Moderate/Low/Very Low risks you can change the level of the risk taken per trade, I am not sure exactly how much risk % per trade each risk level uses. You probably need to wait for Joel's answer on that, and whether he is going to allow users to specifically set the risk % taken per trade in future updates. :)

nok

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 12:02:48 PM »
Thanks for your answer ccjhuang.

My particular scenario would be a trading opportunity detected by SFE PA for a specific pair that requires a stop loss of e.g. 120 pips. Does SFE PA open less trades in that scenario compared to a trading opportunity that requires only a stop loss of 40 pips?
What I would like to have is an option to limit the overall risk for each ďtrade basketĒ (the sum of all open trades without SL in profit at the same time for a specific pair) because maybe SF PA requires an extreme SL distance of e.g. 250 pips which could exceed my risk level but in a different situation when the required SL is only 60 pips Iím ready to risk a higher lot size.

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 03:42:17 PM »
Those questions are very specific to how the EA is designed, so I believe Joel will be the right person to answer them. :)

But also I think one thing to be careful about, is that if you change too much how the EA is designed to work, then it may not be profitable anymore. I think the main strength of SFE PA is its risk diversification due to many different pairs it trades, and if you start to limit the risk on a basket of trades as a whole, then you may also limit the profitability. I think itís better just to let each individual trade run and let the law of large numbers do its job, rather than treating a group of trades that are open at the same time as a ďbasketĒ. I guess if you donít want to take too much risk you can always just run the account on Autolot with low or very low risk.

Just my two cents but I would be interested to hear what Joel says as well. :)

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 03:03:53 AM »
Thank you nok this is a very interesting question as well the following commentaries. I will answer tomorrow.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 01:13:53 AM »
Could you please add an option in the next update to set the risk based on a given percentage of the balance? e.g. I would like to risk 0.25% per trade instead of a fixed lot because that allows me to better control the risk without guessing the largest possible stop loss distance.
The same would be useful for SFE EURUSD.
Is it possible to predict the max risk for a single pair? e.g. there is a hugh trend detected for EURAUD and trades are opened on M5, M15 and M30. How many trades max. could be open at the same time (which are not already secured with SL in profit)? From the history it looks like 6 (2 on each TF) but I'm not sure.

Hi Nok,
thank for your message, has interested me a lot.

At this moment, my EAs are a group of different strategies, pairs, timeframes inside an EA, and each trade only take care of himself. In this simple way, the EA can have a great diversification if we compare to EAs that bets all in a single trade or in a single bet, accumulating trades of the same  pair and direction.

But there isn't a kind of global management and also there isn't a limited risk of each trade in %. I use the merged inidividual backtest to have an idea of a realistic DD we can get, and in relation to this, I decide the size of the trades for an admisible DD for 'normal' risk, which moves in my mind between 20-30%.

But your message has refreshed the need to try to see if some kind of global manage con improve the EA, or if not improve, at least can give the opportunity of control the risk in a punctual moment in a more accurate way.

And the reflexion about relate the size of the trade with the risk of the trade is an interesting idea and I will study as well.

I will try to advance in the money management / risk aspects in future versions of my EAs. I will keep the forum informed of the advances of my work on this, and any idea is welcome.

nok

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2019, 10:04:09 AM »
Hi Joel,
thank you for your interest in my suggestion.

I use the expert in a different way and run only a small selection of pairs/timeframes in assistance to my manual trading.
But for the typical user this could be an even more interesting option in a fictive scenario: 8 pairs are connected to the USD and some of them have a high correlation in short term. Letís imagine an extreme move in the USD because of a total unexpected major event (affecting only the US Dollar) that opens trades on all pairs with a very wide stop loss (lets say 200 pips). An immediate (at least partly) retrace causes stop loss in all (at least most) trades. This is not unrealistic because banks are interested to buy/sell the Dollar at extreme levels. Surely we would see moves in the unrelated pairs that could decrease the overall loss (but could even add loses). The supposed diversification could lead to compounded losses.
We canít easily avoid this situation but the %risk could help because I know in advance how much to lose max at a single event. Instead of the fixed lot size, a smaller lot size is used because of the bigger stop loss distances.
Of course there would be additional effort to realize this because when stop loss in pending orders is adjusted the orders would have to be deleted and recreated with new size.

No need for an immediate update. Just a suggestion if you find some time in the future.

Hope that helps.
Best Regards

paulomaks

• View Profile
SFE Price Action EA
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2019, 08:55:53 AM »
Hi Joel,

I saw in your MyFxBook overview that you run an account at Darwinex ..

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/atractor/sfe-darwinex/3492775

Which EA is that bases on ? SFE Price Action or is it a portfolio, or is it 100% pure Atractor ?

Looks interesting, so i am looking forward to hear your news  :D

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2019, 09:20:36 AM »
Itís probably another nice new EA that Joelís developing...

I found it on Darwinex under symbol YXY and the name is SFE Stealth ::)

paulomaks

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2019, 09:33:19 AM »

Wow, looking forward to hear what Joel can tell ...  8) 8)  ... a "mysterious" EA .. ::)

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2019, 12:17:53 AM »

Wow, looking forward to hear what Joel can tell ...  8) 8)  ... a "mysterious" EA .. ::)

Yes  ::)

Is my last creation 'SFE Stealth'    https://www.myfxbook.com/members/atractor/sfe-stealth/3467690

I have to say that his expected performance is outstanding, I have never seen a backtest like this, and seems that the first weeks of real action confirms this. The EA uses and is profitable in a very wide number of pairs, another guarantee of success.

Is what I say 'late session EA', then I'm very happy because with this EA, I have now 3 line of very different and non correlated EAs. Several 'momentum' EAs, the new 'late session EA', and the 'after hours' EA (the SFE Night Scalper)

Byte

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2019, 01:34:34 AM »
That sounds super exciting. Looking forward to hearing more.