Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 21, 2019, 03:22:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 366
  • Total Topics: 54
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 144
  • (August 14, 2019, 12:20:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9

9 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: SFE Price Action EA  (Read 1129 times)

paulomaks

• View Profile
Re: SFE Price Action EA
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2019, 06:36:47 AM »
Itís probably another nice new EA that Joelís developing...

I found it on Darwinex under symbol YXY and the name is SFE Stealth ::)

Wow, looking forward to hear what Joel can tell ...  8) 8)  ... a "mysterious" EA .. ::)

Yes  ::)

Is my last creation 'SFE Stealth'    https://www.myfxbook.com/members/atractor/sfe-stealth/3467690

I have to say that his expected performance is outstanding, I have never seen a backtest like this, and seems that the first weeks of real action confirms this. The EA uses and is profitable in a very wide number of pairs, another guarantee of success.

Is what I say 'late session EA', then I'm very happy because with this EA, I have now 3 line of very different and non correlated EAs. Several 'momentum' EAs, the new 'late session EA', and the 'after hours' EA (the SFE Night Scalper)

Looks really amazing .. do you have any plans to open a thread here in the forum for that for discussion / selling / signal ?

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2019, 03:08:44 PM »
Itís probably another nice new EA that Joelís developing...

I found it on Darwinex under symbol YXY and the name is SFE Stealth ::)

Wow, looking forward to hear what Joel can tell ...  8) 8)  ... a "mysterious" EA .. ::)

Yes  ::)

Is my last creation 'SFE Stealth'    https://www.myfxbook.com/members/atractor/sfe-stealth/3467690

I have to say that his expected performance is outstanding, I have never seen a backtest like this, and seems that the first weeks of real action confirms this. The EA uses and is profitable in a very wide number of pairs, another guarantee of success.

Is what I say 'late session EA', then I'm very happy because with this EA, I have now 3 line of very different and non correlated EAs. Several 'momentum' EAs, the new 'late session EA', and the 'after hours' EA (the SFE Night Scalper)

Looks really amazing .. do you have any plans to open a thread here in the forum for that for discussion / selling / signal ?

Now I wonder how should I add SFE Stealth to my account once it's available?

May I will wait until SFE EU recovers and makes a new equity high (which should really happen soon after 8 straight months of losses!), then replace it with SFE Stealth. :)

paulomaks

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2019, 02:49:32 AM »
If the assumption is that the new Stealth is better and makes more and stable profit, what would be the idea of delaying the exchange, i cannot really see that .. ?  :o

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2019, 03:39:15 AM »
If the assumption is that the new Stealth is better and makes more and stable profit, what would be the idea of delaying the exchange, i cannot really see that .. ?  :o

My theory is that all Joelís EAs will eventually recover, so I am confident SFE EU will recoup the losses at some point, and I donít want to remove the EA until that happens.

Of course I can also just add SFE Stealth into the portfolio, but then in that case I will need to make sure I am not over-exposed with the risk.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2019, 09:18:01 PM »
New version (3.1.) also for SFE Price Action will be published tonight.

Backtest  https://c.mql5.com/31/371/SFE_Price_Action_v310_0.1_lots.zip

As I commented in the Attractor thread, is well know that PA and ATT are momentum EAs which have different internal systems, some 'straight' that opens in the impulse, and some 'counter' waiting for the failing movement. Las years, the first group of systems are suffering because the movements reversals almost always... Then, in this version of PA, a rebalancing of the internal systems has been done, giving more equal weight at both groups.

At same time, some secondary crosses has been removed, and only the best performers along the years are used now. In a favourable market behaviour, a lot more of symbols can be profitable, but it's true that in a bad behaviour, these 'second line' profitable systems, falls in losses the first.

The last two years of PA, which is almost in a even result, the result would have been +40% selecting these pairs in front to more secondary pairs. I have been thinking for much time that use all the pairs is the best because they can be all profitable at final, but it's true that in markets environments not favourable, this profitability can take years, then, now I think that is better center on the best pairs, although in the best years this can reduce the profit, the performance will be better than now in the bad years.

The recommended risk of the version 3.1 is 0.01 / 600 $
« Last Edit: Today at 12:29:02 AM by Attractor »

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Today at 12:17:19 AM »
Hi Joel,

I have updated SFE PA to version 3.1, but in the setting line p25 (just above Fixed Order Size) still says "Recommended: 0.01 lots / 1.000$ of balance", I think you probably just forgot to change it to "0.01 lot per $500"?

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #21 on: Today at 12:32:09 AM »
Hi Joel,

I have updated SFE PA to version 3.1, but in the setting line p25 (just above Fixed Order Size) still says "Recommended: 0.01 lots / 1.000$ of balance", I think you probably just forgot to change it to "0.01 lot per $500"?

Hi, yes is an error that comment. But I can't change it now. Don't mind because is more conservative, I will post the recommended now also in mql5.
Finally I decided to left 0.01 / 600$, a bit more conservative, because the backtest shows a max. DD until 1080$, but often arrives to this level, then, I will fix this level as about 15% of DD.    1.000 / 6.000 * 100 = 16.6%

0.01 / 600 is then the recommended.
« Last Edit: Today at 01:06:06 AM by Attractor »

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Today at 12:51:31 AM »
Hi Joel,

Hi, yes is an error that comment. But I can't change it now. Don't mind because is more conservative, I will post the recommended now also in mql5.
Finally I decided to left 0.01 / 600$, a bit more conservative, because the backtest shows a max. DD until 1080$, but often arrives to this level, then, I will fix this level as about 15% of DD.    1.000 / 6.000 * 100 = 16.6%

0.01 / 6000 is then the recommended.

I think you mean the DD is about $1000 trading 0.1 lot, so it will be good to have a balance of $6000 to keep the DD at about 16%.

0.1 lot per $6000 = 0.01 lot per $600 (you added one zero too many at the end) :)

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:07:00 AM »
yes, fixed. 0.01 / 600$