Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 28, 2020, 01:10:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 752
  • Total Topics: 68
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 144
  • (August 14, 2019, 12:20:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12

12 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Jimmy's Accounts - SFE $100K Portfolio  (Read 30449 times)

Jimmy

• View Profile
Re: Jimmy's Account - SFE Combo
« Reply #210 on: April 25, 2020, 01:31:10 AM »
Hi guys,

There will no longer be a weekly summary for the SFE Combo account from now on, as I have relocated most of my funds to set up a new $100K portfolio running different combinations of the SFE EAs. I wanted to set up this new portfolio so that we can see what the SFE EAs are capable of, without manual intervention. I am very excited to see how much this portfolio will grow in a year's time! ;D

The new weekly summary will now include a screenshot of my new $100K portfolio at the end of each week. You can check the individual accounts by clicking the links in my forum signature. :)

SFE $100K Portfolio Weekly Result - 20th Apr 2020 to 24th Apr 2020

Weekly Change: -$2118.50
Total Portfolio Return: -$1303.27 (-1.3%)

We had minor losses this week, mostly due to some price actions that did not have enough momentum to sustain a breakout.

It's exciting to see SFE Stock Market to start trading again and it will be interesting to see how much they will add to my portfolio's growth. ;)

Next week is a big week with FOMC, ECB and NFP all happening between Wednesday to Friday. It could be a week where the SFE price action EAs will make massive gains. We shall see... 8)

« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 02:25:39 AM by Jimmy »

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 25, 2020, 01:31:27 AM »
As for my SFE Combo account, it is still running but it will now just be a small account running the SFE EAs and I will still do some manual trading at times. SFE Combo lost about $2.4K this week, and the % loss is about 10% because I took a few manual trades that hit SLs with the now much smaller account. :'(

I have grouped SFE Combo with my old personal account in another portfolio on Myfxbook to show their legacy of making over $330K in profit over the last few years, thanks to the SFE EAs and my manual trading (which is largely based on the SFE EA's anyway). Nevertheless, moving forward, I am sure the new $100K portfolio will also continue to deliver in the years to come! :D

« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 02:27:20 AM by Jimmy »

Castellers de Vilafranca

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 26, 2020, 04:01:58 AM »
I wonder if you will be able to do no manual trades on the 100k Portfolio........;)

Maybe thi is why you have kept the old combo account to use for your itchy trigger finger?

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 26, 2020, 04:40:14 AM »
I wonder if you will be able to do no manual trades on the 100k Portfolio........;)

Maybe thi is why you have kept the old combo account to use for your itchy trigger finger?

Yes you know me very well, thatís exactly the idea. 8)

I have been very lucky on a few occasions recently where my manual trades nearly hit full SL and I would have lost a few thousand dollars but they managed to bounce back to break-even or even hit TP.

I am a bit concerned that at some stage I will face a string of losses with my manual trades and it seems that has already happened to some extent with this weekís DD on SFE Combo (luckily the account is much smaller now so the 10% loss on SFE Combo this week was only -$2K instead of -$10K!).:P

In the long term, my manual trades that are based on SFE EAsí trades may still be profitable, but I feel it would now be safer not to risk a large account on my manual trades. Therefore I have decided to run nearly all of my fund on SFE EAs without manual intervention from now on. The growth may be a bit slower but I am sure this will be the much safer option for the future. :)

And yes I have left SFE Combo running so I can try out some manual trades when my fingers feel itchy. ;D

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2020, 02:26:45 PM »
It has just come to my attention that NFP this Friday has been moved to next week.

So this week we will have FOMC and ECB, and next week we will have RBA/BOE rate decisions, NZ/CAD employment figures and NFP...it certainly will be a very interesting fortnight ahead 8)

Below is an old screenshot I took on April 17th which showed NFP was supposed to be on this Friday, but somehow it has since been moved to next week. Oh well, perhaps thatís not a bad thing as now it may well give us 2 weeks of good volatility until the news is over. :)

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 02, 2020, 02:58:00 AM »
SFE $100K Portfolio Weekly Result - 27th Apr 2020 to 1st May 2020

NB: I have noticed that there is significant discrepancy between the balance and the profit shown for the MT5 accounts (ie. the bottom 2 accounts running SFE Stock Market EA). For example, with the SFE Stock Combo EVO 1x Risk account, the balance is now $51514.36, but the profit is only listed as $384.41, which should have been $1514.36. Therefore, to get the correct Weekly Change figure from now on, I will simply use This week's ending balance - Last week's ending balance.

Weekly Change: $102675.35 - $98899.04 = +$3776.31
Total Portfolio Return: +$2675.35 / +2.68%
(with -2.74% floating loss)

This week was an interesting ride...we suffered quite a bit of loss on Thursday but then managed to recover with some profits on Friday. My SFE Combo Aggressive account was hit hard by 3x fixed lot SFE PA Gold trades on Thursday, but also made a lot of profit back from 2x fixed lot SFE Breakout Gold trades which recovered the losses...so I guess the high risk I took with fixed lot on Gold worked both ways. :P

The equity of my $100K portfolio is nearly back to break-even and the floating losses are mainly due to the stock trades. I hope the stocks will manage to go back higher soon. :)

Next week we will have RBA and BOE rate decisions, NZ and CAD employment change figures, and most importantly the NFP. It should be another good week for volatility and I can't wait for the price actions! ;D

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 09, 2020, 07:00:01 AM »
SFE $100K Portfolio Weekly Result - 4th May 2020 to 8th May 2020

Weekly Change: $99276.99 - $102675.35 = -$3398.36
Total Portfolio Return: -$723.01 / -0.72%
(with +0.65% floating profit)

This week was a bit disappointing...NFP didn't deliver the expected volatility and we had multiple losses on Gold throughout the week. The SFE Combo Aggressive account was particularly hit hard with the Gold trades due to the fixed lot setting. SFE PA also suffered quite a bit and the official SFE PA account is now at 12.4% DD after making the most recent equity high.

The good news is that the stocks have picked up and we now have a small floating profit thanks to the SFE Stock Market trades.

Next week we have a few figures coming out of UK, NZ, AU and the US. But given even the NFP doesn't move the market much nowadays, I am not really sure what we should be expecting with the high impact news now...

Oh well, I am sure Joel's EAs will continue to do their job, and we will get out of this stagnation period eventually. :)

Jimmy

• View Profile
Re: Jimmy's Accounts - SFE $100K Portfolio
« Reply #217 on: May 16, 2020, 02:22:16 AM »
SFE $100K Portfolio Weekly Result - 11th May 2020 to 15th May 2020

Weekly Change: $99984.40 - $99276.99 = +$707.41
Total Portfolio Return: -$15.20 / -0.01%
(with -2.08% floating loss)

This week we made a small gain overall. It's also good to see that the new addition SFE Trend made its first trade this week which reached TP. :)

SFE PA opened a basket of trades on EURUSD and USDCHF on Friday which is in a slight DD at the moment. The setup still seems valid and we will see if the trades will go into profit next week.

Next week seems somewhat quiet in terms of forex news events, so I am not holding much expectations, but if our current basket can reach their TPs then we could finish the week with some gains. 8)

The most important news for the forum this week is that it is now possible to copy my main account SFE Stock Market + Evolution FX 100% on both MT5 and MT4. If it is copied on MT4 then it just becomes SFE Evolution FX 100% Risk without the Stock trades. The price is also cheaper for MT4 because it doesn't include Stock trades.

You can see more details on how to subscribe to the signal here: https://smartforexexpert.com/index.php?topic=568.msg1242#msg1242

Have a nice weekend everyone! :D

PS. I have also just changed the title of this thread to: Jimmy's Accounts - SFE $100K Portfolio, to reflect the recent changes. :)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 02:56:20 AM by Jimmy »

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 19, 2020, 02:21:29 PM »
Hi Guys,

After seeing the gains on the Stock Market EA and SFE Trend in the last few days, I have decided to consolidate my accounts in order to maximise the potential gain.

Therefore, I have relocated the funds from the other 3 smaller accounts into my MT5 accounts, and those smaller accounts have now been closed. I will now only have 2 accounts - SFE Stock Market + SFE Evolution FX 100% Risk and SFE Stock Market + SFE Evolution FX 50% Risk going forward from here. This is how my $100K portfolio looks like now:

« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 02:50:18 PM by Jimmy »

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 19, 2020, 05:16:35 PM »
By the way, I have also just turned my previous SFE Combo account into SFE Evolution FX running at 150% Balance risk.

Now, please be aware that this level of risk is definitely not recommended! This account will also not be a part of my $100K portfolio, but I would just really like to see how far the account can grow at this level of risk, and it will offer an interesting comparison to my two other MT5 accounts running at 100% and 50% Balance risk. :)

For those who are interested, you can continue to follow the account here:
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/jimmy8378/sfe-combo-now-sfe-evolution/2188821
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 05:20:40 PM by Jimmy »

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 23, 2020, 03:27:43 AM »
SFE $100K Portfolio Weekly Result - 18th May 2020 to 22nd May 2020

Weekly Change: $106154.01 - $99984.40 = +$6169.61
Total Portfolio Return: +$6154.01 / +6.15% (with +1.28% floating profit)

SFE Stock Market was the star performer this week, closing 3 winning trades and 1 losing trade with a total gain of around $3500 on my 100% Risk account.

SFE Trend also did very well to hit TP on 3 out of 3 trades, giving a total profit of about $1600 on my 100% Risk account for the week.

These 2 EAs accounted for most of the gains this week, and the other EAs pretty much just cancelled each other's gains and losses out.

It's amazing how the Stock Market EA is performing, and my account has grown quite well even without a strong performance from the Forex EAs yet. I am not sure how long the good run on Stock Market EA will continue, but I will certainly enjoy it while it's still going! ;D I also expect much more growth when all the Forex EAs start to kick in and deliver profits as well. ;)

Next week we don't have too many high impact data releases, but we will have speeches from the BOC governor, the ECB president and the Fed chairman. You just never know...they could potentially make some comments that will rock the Forex market...let's wait and see. :)

« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 05:24:50 AM by Jimmy »