Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

December 07, 2019, 02:36:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 46
  • Latest: uner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 478
  • Total Topics: 54
  • Online Today: 33
  • Online Ever: 144
  • (August 14, 2019, 12:20:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 24
Total: 25

24 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: Jimmy's Account - SFE Combo  (Read 6926 times)

Jimmy

• View Profile
Re: Jimmy's Account - SFE Combo
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2019, 09:52:33 AM »
Hi paulomaks,

Thatís a nice suggestion but I am not sure if the cost would be justified for me...I am only running 2 MT4s (one for SFE Combo and one for another account) which shouldnít use up too much resources. But you could be right that maybe the activities across the whole server during FOMC depleted the resources on my own VPS as well.

On ForexVPS the basic dedicated server costs around $250 per month.

I think I will stick out with the VPS on ForexVPS for the next few months first and see how things go. If there are still problems then I may give dedicated server a try. :)

Also I am interested to know why you have so many MT4s running? Are they all your own accounts or you trade for other people as well? How successful have you been in trading Forex all these years and do you have other systems that you find profitable apart from Joelís EAs? :)

paulomaks

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2019, 10:20:36 AM »
@ Castellers de Vilafrance .. The company i use is Codero USA. They have server-hotels in more states. For me, i am not a supporter of the "philosophy" that a VPS / Server must be as close to NYC as possible. It makes no real sense to me, and it is a pure marketing-tool as i see it. Light-speed is light-speed and if your trading depends on 10 milliseconds, then you will never win anyways (just my opinion of course).

I started 4 years ago with those guys and got a lock-in (forever) price at 110 USD per month. I see now that the price is around 170 - 250 usd.

But the service is outstanding. You configure your server, and you know you have your own server in a rack, and  support answers your questions within minutes. Very very personal service. No "cut and paste" answers :-).

But there are many companies that offers dedicated servers, so i think it is a matter of surfing a bit and try to make a good deal. As said, the beauty of this is that you know 100% that your server belongs to you, and you only.

But for me, i stick to Codero, - they stick to me  ;D ;D ;D ;D

https://codero.com/managed-dedicated-servers/

Hope it gives some inspiration :-)

« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 10:22:41 AM by paulomaks »

paulomaks

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2019, 10:21:34 AM »
Jimmy, i will elaborate a bit more on your questions. But i am out of time right now  ;D, so please have patience.

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2019, 11:48:22 AM »
A nice start to the week. 8)

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2019, 11:49:01 AM »
Jimmy, i will elaborate a bit more on your questions. But i am out of time right now  ;D, so please have patience.

Yes, I am still patiently waiting. :)

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2019, 02:39:53 AM »
SFE Attractor took a hit from the Gold trades overnight...it's funny that I always seem to miss the profitable trades and not miss the losing ones... ???

That's just life I guess. :P

Byte

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2019, 01:12:36 AM »
SFE Attractor took a hit from the Gold trades overnight...it's funny that I always seem to miss the profitable trades and not miss the losing ones... ???

you are not alone with that problem, unfortunately  ;)
Thank you for your ongoing updates and thoughts around the EAs. Really helpful for me. I continue to run the combination of Attractor, Stealth, and Forex Cyborg and they seem to work nicely together. Unfortunately, it is a messy account due to its history. So a bit hard to share.

Side question: I am still kind of new to the mql5 concept. If I decided to move all my accounts to a new VPS or dedicated server, I would have to use an additional license, right?

Castellers de Vilafranca

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2019, 01:52:52 AM »

you are not alone with that problem, unfortunately  ;)
Thank you for your ongoing updates and thoughts around the EAs. Really helpful for me. I continue to run the combination of Attractor, Stealth, and Forex Cyborg and they seem to work nicely together. Unfortunately, it is a messy account due to its history. So a bit hard to share.

Side question: I am still kind of new to the mql5 concept. If I decided to move all my accounts to a new VPS or dedicated server, I would have to use an additional license, right?

This is correct. You would have to use 1 additional activation. You probably have 5 to start with.

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2019, 06:56:17 AM »
Yes one activation will cover unlimited MT4s on the same server, but for a different server a new activation will be used. :)

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2019, 01:34:38 AM »
Wow really bad AUD numbers today.

Employment change: -19K vs +16.2K expected
Unemployment rate: 5.3% vs 5.2% expected

Looks like SFE PA and SFE Attractor will be busy today :)

Todsakan

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2019, 09:21:23 AM »
surprisingly neither ATR or PA opens buy EURAUD on the spike ;D. I guess next time.

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2019, 02:19:32 PM »
surprisingly neither ATR or PA opens buy EURAUD on the spike ;D. I guess next time.

Yeah I also thought the EAs would at least open a few buy trades given the spike but it didnít happen.

EURAUD is making another new high now. What a pity. :-\

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2019, 05:05:07 AM »
Weekly Result - 11th Nov 2019 to 15rd Nov 2019

Total: (https://www.fxblue.com/users/jimmy8378/stats?#week)
-$3751.48 (with -$319.85 floating loss)

SFE Stealth: (https://www.fxblue.com/users/jimmy8378/stats?magic=300051#week)
-$1170.20

SFE Price Action: (https://www.fxblue.com/users/jimmy8378/stats?magic=400051-450601#week)
-$1138.90

SFE Attractor: (https://www.fxblue.com/users/jimmy8378/stats?magic=510051-510605#week)
-$2062.62

SFE Night Scalper: (https://www.fxblue.com/users/jimmy8378/stats?magic=710051-710302#week)
+$620.24

SFE EURUSD: (https://www.fxblue.com/users/jimmy8378/stats?magic=800051-860602#week)
No Trade

Not a good week for the SFE EAs...the market still has no clear breakout and SFE Attractor especially was hit hard by some Gold trades again. Only SFE Night Scalper picked up some pips from the relatively quiet market.

The best opportunity was probably the bad AUD numbers on Thursday which caused a big spike up on EURAUD, but the EAs were not interested in buying further and we missed out on the upward extension. I wonder if earlier versions of SFE PA would have jumped in with more buy trades? ???

Anyway, the week is now behind us. Let's look forward to the next one. :)

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2019, 12:44:54 PM »

Yeah I also thought the EAs would at least open a few buy trades given the spike but it didnít happen.

Yes... I'm more surprissed with ATTR than PA, because you know in ATTR I'm trying to be less strict in terms of strentgh of the movement... I'm reviewing now the code for if I find something interesting...

Todsakan

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2019, 02:36:45 PM »

Yes... I'm more surprissed with ATTR than PA, because you know in ATTR I'm trying to be less strict in terms of strentgh of the movement... I'm reviewing now the code for if I find something interesting...

Yeah, since last update i noticed ATR now open more of pending orders ro catch reversal rather than open trades on the same directions even with big movements.