Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

August 12, 2020, 01:46:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 790
  • Total Topics: 71
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 144
  • (August 14, 2019, 12:20:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10
Total: 10

10 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: AWS vs. Google VPS vs. BeeksFX  (Read 942 times)

Byte

• View Profile
AWS vs. Google VPS vs. BeeksFX
« on: April 22, 2020, 04:46:44 PM »
Hi guys,

since I had the unfortunate experience of my BeeksFX VPS being turned off without pre-warning because my sponsoring broker apparently stopped paying for it (without letting me know), I am considering just changing away from BeeksFX. Part of the reason is, I would like to have more processing power so the EAs can handle peek trading times without increasing my cost massivly. So I was hoping some of you might have some experience with AWS, the Google VPS, the Microsoft VPS other offers. It seems to me, that some trading results were driven by overloading my VPS CPUs during times when several EAs are trading, esp. the scalpers I am guessing. To be honest, whenever I go to the mql5 market place the BeeksFX tool POM restarts my MT4 terminal, so I actually have to turn the tool off to get there.

Any input is very welcome. Especially the AWS and Google offerings seem to be so fast moving that I thought I would try to get current opinions.

YoG12

• View Profile
Re: AWS vs. Google VPS vs. BeeksFX
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 05:41:36 AM »
I also considered to move AWS and Azure before, but they are expensive than normal VPS services.
attachment is, I re-calculate AWS cost same as Beeks Gold package spec.

Byte

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 04:24:11 PM »
@YoG12: hm, I guess I have to look at this again. It seemed to me, more like $65 if I pre-pay but maybe I need to double check. If it were not for the stupid mql5 licensing system, I would just jump on one and try it out but I cannot afford to keep losing licenses.

Byte

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 12:01:01 AM »
Hi guys,
would any of you know how mql5 determines if the EA is on a new computer? I would just like to understand before I move my EAs to AWS or Google. Something technical I can ask AWS and Google to clarify if adjustments to the server resources or the contract might lead to the loss of a license.
Best,
Tibor

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 11:01:15 AM »
Hi guys,
would any of you know how mql5 determines if the EA is on a new computer? I would just like to understand before I move my EAs to AWS or Google. Something technical I can ask AWS and Google to clarify if adjustments to the server resources or the contract might lead to the loss of a license.
Best,
Tibor

Hi Tibor. I don't know what you are asking, but I only want to remember than for the side of the SFE EAs, the VPS requirements are pretty low. So, in the case of SFE don't think you need a top VPS with top connection. I use 20$ VPS with my EAs, and 5-6 metatraders on each VPS, and I don't have any problem.

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 02:58:22 PM »
He is asking if he changes the configuration of his VPS, whether he would lose an activation on the EAs he purchased on MQL5...it has happened to me before - I lost an activation when my VPS was upgraded on Commercial Network Service to their new Beeks server. :'(

[COPY SFE Signal on Social Trader Tools]

[COPY SFE MAM on Social Trader Tools]
SFE Accounts Live Stream: http://bit.ly/sfelive
SFE Community Telegram: https://t.me/sfecommunity
Risk Warning: This message contains general information which doesn't take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Trading isn't suitable for everyone and, if you're a professional/wholesale client, you could lose more than your initial investment. Please read the relevant legal documents and seek independent advice if necessary.

Byte

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 10:22:37 PM »
Hi,
Jimmy is exactly right. I am still running a few other EAs as well and the AWS servers seem like a good solution. The challenge is, that depending on how I change the number of platforms and the individual EAs, I may need to change VPS configuration at some point. If it were completely clear how mql5 determines that one could be a bit smarter about how to change the VPS trying to avoid the loss of licenses. Right now I am o.k., but I figured it would be good to know what I am doing before I start shifting everything.
Cheers,

Tibor