Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

December 07, 2019, 03:51:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 46
  • Latest: uner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 478
  • Total Topics: 54
  • Online Today: 33
  • Online Ever: 144
  • (August 14, 2019, 12:20:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 14
Total: 16

14 Guests, 2 Users

Author Topic: Forex Cyborg  (Read 638 times)

Jimmy

• View Profile
Forex Cyborg
« on: September 04, 2019, 12:43:50 AM »
Thank you Joel for this post. And everyone should read and occasionally re-read it. It is so easy to fall for these offers looking like easy success ... I would also agree that you just have to look for longer histories. For price action EAs and trend following EAs with relatively large SL and TP, backtests can be informative (but you still have to see that live trades are matching the backtests) but for scalpers really only live trading shows you anything ...

ccjhunag, please keep posting your updates. I am running SFE Attractor together with Forex Cyborg (sorry Joel, I hope it is o.k. to mention that here. I had Cyborg before I saw your EAs ....) A very nice combo so far. Most of all though, I have to say, I am incredibly impressed by how SFE Attractor trades.

There is no problem mentioning other EAs here. Itís good to let people know whatís good and bad out there and thatís the purpose of this forum. :)

Actually Forex Cyborg seems legit and in some way maybe similar to SFE Night Scalper - at least the growth curve looks similar and they both had large losses on the yen pairs on 3rd Jan this year from the flash crash. Does Forex Cyborg mainly trade in Asian hours like SFE Night Scalper?

Here is the myfxbook page I am looking at: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/forexcyborg/forex-cyborg-darwinex/2184469

But I must say the lot sizes with Forex Cyborg does seem a little large to me. Itís running between 0.80-1.70 lots per trade on a 22K euro account whereas with SFE NS you would be running at 0.01 per 300 euro for recommended risk, so a 22K euro account would only be running at about 22000 / 300 = 0.73 Lot per trade if that account was running SFE NS. Maybe Forex Cyborg has a tighter stoploss to compensate for that?

Jimmy

• View Profile
Re: Forex Cyborg
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 06:14:59 AM »
Actually I just found a review on it, so it is an Asian scalper as I thought:
https://forexbenchmark.com/eas/reviews/forex-cyborg/

It's also rated higher than SFE Attractor on that website, which I am not sure I would agree (well, I am probably a bit biased! ;D)

ForexBenchmark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 10:44:58 AM »
Hello,

Thank you for mention our website / review here.
We think both EAs are great, but I just would like to highlight a few points, why we rated Forex Cyborg higher than SFE Attractor.

Backtests:

In the portfolios you can see the following informations:

- Profit Factor: 2.29 (Cyborg) vs 1.8 (Attractor)

- "max. DD" / "Monthly profit" ratio:
-> Cyborg: 979,36 / 442,11 = 2,21
-> Attractor: 3565,42 / 1233,99 = 2,89

- Return / DD ratio: 52,37 vs 39,8

Live performance:

What matter at most here is the length of the track record:

28 months vs. 3 months

Price:

The cheapest price to get a license here is 499Ä vs. $1200
We only gave here a half star more for Cyborg, because it's a single account license vs 5 activations for Attractor.
It's hard to compare prices here to be honest.

Here are some informations, how we calculate the overall ranking:

"Different weights are used for each category to calculate the total rating. Backtests: 0.8, live performance: 1.0, risk control: 0.7, customizability: 0.5, price: 0.8. "

So what matters at most is the live performance. We will update the rating here in the future, when the history grow up.

This all doesn't mean, that we think that Forex Cyborg will be better on long term. It's just the data we can compare currently and set a rating. This could and will change in the future for sure :-)

I hope this shows that we try to be as unbiased as possible.

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 11:34:59 AM »
Wow thanks for coming over. I was half joking when I made the remark. I know you guys do a good job making reviews on the EAs. :)

After all, they are quite different EAs - one is a scalper and one trades price actions, so itís a bit like comparing an apple with an orange :P

Nevertheless I would be interested in your view on SFE Night Scalper which is more similar to Forex Cyborg: https://www.myfxbook.com/en/members/atractor/sfe-night-scalper/1393341

SFE Night Scalper has nearly 4 years of live trading history now and a DD similar to Forex Cyborgís. How many stars would SFE NS score with your formula? ::)

And thanks again for contributing to the forum. Itís nice to see some new people here! :D

ForexBenchmark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 11:16:41 PM »
I'm happy to be here too. I like the SFE EAs.

You are right. These two EAs are really different and maybe it's not very useful to compare them.

I put the SFE Night Scalper on our EA test list.

We just finished another EA review and added a bunch of new brokers. Check it out :-)

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 04:39:53 AM »
Thanks for the effort. :)

Just checked the Brokers list, it seems IC Markets still has the best spread.

Is there any particular reason why Circle Markets and other brokers are unable to match the spreads of IC Marketsí? Or is it just because IC Markets is a really big broker now?

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 03:20:26 PM »

You are right. These two EAs are really different and maybe it's not very useful to compare them.

We just finished another EA review and added a bunch of new brokers. Check it out :-)

Welcome ForexBenchmark and thank you for you review of SFE Attractor, I will put the link in the main thread.

Please, if you want to review SFE Night Scalper, please, wait first to see  a discussion I want to start about that kind of systems, in the new section of the forum  Forex Brainstorm Lab.

ForexBenchmark

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 10:29:04 AM »

Welcome ForexBenchmark and thank you for you review of SFE Attractor, I will put the link in the main thread.

Please, if you want to review SFE Night Scalper, please, wait first to see  a discussion I want to start about that kind of systems, in the new section of the forum  Forex Brainstorm Lab.

Thank you very much!

I will soon release a review for SFE night scalper. You can link it if you want, as soon as you are ready.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 12:07:46 PM »
I have been viewing the myfxbook stats and I like this EA.
And for my is an hybrid between what I call 'late session EA' and 'after hours EA'.
If you want to know more about the pros and cons of these kind of EAs, visit the 'EAs laboratory' on the 'Brainstorm Lab' section.
You can access to this part of the forum as soon you become junior member.