Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 21, 2019, 03:32:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 366
  • Total Topics: 54
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 144
  • (August 14, 2019, 12:20:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 9
Total: 10

9 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: General SmartForexExpert journal  (Read 249 times)

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
General SmartForexExpert journal
« on: September 15, 2019, 01:12:36 PM »
Hi,
I will use this thread for post a general vision of the current performance of the EAs in his whole, specially the significant days, and also anyone that have some comment or doubt, please post here as well.

gamma

• View Profile
Re: General SmartForexExpert journal
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 01:24:59 PM »
Hi Joel,

these are interesting times at forex. I looked at your signals.
it looked like the big and quick movements on EUR on Thursday caused some issues, especially for the Attractor.
- When I remember correctly, you said Attractor has been designed to make profit if movements are lower, it seems that it goes on cost in cases if movements are bigger. What do you think? do you plan any changes?
- i commented that it seems to me that EURUSD is not so profitable, while eg. EURAUD performs better. it confirmed somehow on 09/12. Losses is part of the game, but what worries me that the size of the losses on EURUSD as compared to previous losses and profits is like in 10:1 proportion. Interestingly, EURAUD losses are fine, different order of magnitude.
- I see that there are multiple trades open and in significant profit. which currency it is?

What is your thinking of the situation and looking into the future?

PS I looked at the trades on 9/12 and the overall number of lots opened in parallel was >3 lots (without the still open trades that I don't see). this gives something like 1 lot per 3-4k. it is way too much in my opinion/for my risk perception. any comment on that?

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 11:09:13 PM »
- When I remember correctly, you said Attractor has been designed to make profit if movements are lower, it seems that it goes on cost in cases if movements are bigger. What do you think? do you plan any changes?

Hi,
thank you for your questions,
No, is not this what is happening.
Attractor can launch some trades in levels of movements that Price Action don't do it. This part is this way.
But after a trade has opened, a big movement is not the problem. The problem, as always, are the reversals. If you see the EURUSD first impulse, was a perfect setup, and almost all the different systems and timframes were fired. But the big reversal put in big losses at first moment. At same time, some contrary trades were opened and finally the situation were controled. But this reversal has not going much far, and at final, the result has been a little profit.
If you see the movement, has been more favourable in pairs like EURUAD and EURJPY, with bigger distance, while in EURUSD the situation always ends in the same way last months, with very low range movement.
But during the openend orders period, the manage of Price Action and Attractor is quite different. While Price Action tends to close the position earlier, Attractor search for more long develpment of the movement. And it's true that seeing the movements of Attractor since the start, a lot of times the EA has been in huge floating profits and ended with minor profits, but I checked the EA this weekend, and all says that the current parameters are the profitable at mid term, so for the moment I will give to the EA more time to see what happens, and is making profit at final, so is not too bad.
And I also like the very different way to manage the opened orders between Price Action and Attractor, because then, is a way of diversify for users that launches both.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 11:16:58 PM »

- i commented that it seems to me that EURUSD is not so profitable, while eg. EURAUD performs better. it confirmed somehow on 09/12. Losses is part of the game, but what worries me that the size of the losses on EURUSD as compared to previous losses and profits is like in 10:1 proportion. Interestingly, EURAUD losses are fine, different order of magnitude.

No doubt that the current performance of the EURUSD pair is really bad, if we see the profit / pair of Attractor for example, is surprising how with a result of -900$ in the most important pair, the EA is in gains. At same time is a signal of strenght of the EA.
EURUSD is working really bad because is not moving enough, but until last months, is the best pair in general, and I see impossible that this pair will stay in these low levels of volatility forever. And as soon the movements comes, this pair can do a lot of profit, then, for my part I will have the pair enabled, but any user is free of disable the pair. Or maybe do the middle option, launch the pair with les volume. For do this, two EAs must be attached instead of one, and put EURUSD in one list, and the rest of the pairs in the other.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 11:38:02 PM »

PS I looked at the trades on 9/12 and the overall number of lots opened in parallel was >3 lots (without the still open trades that I don't see). this gives something like 1 lot per 3-4k. it is way too much in my opinion/for my risk perception. any comment on that?

Seems that some more volatility is coming again, related with the signs of global economic difficulties in part of the majors, then this can be a good impulse to the 'momentum' kind EAs.

About the 3 lots, think that the EA uses different systems, different pairs and timeframes... was a day with a lot of action, and the 3 lots wasn't happened at same time and in the same direction. The recommended risk of my EAs is based in the worst DD (acumulated, no in one day) of bactkest of almost 10 years, where all the pairs are merged. And I usually match this DD with 20-30% of the balance. With this level of risk, an average yearly profit of 100% can be realistic.
But if someone feels more safe not seeing DD more far than 10-15%, then is enough use the half of the size recommended or the half of the balance.
Really was a very dangerous and critical moment with that big reversal, but I'm looking the equity of the mql5 signal, and in the worst moment, the EA fall from 11.030 to 10.540 ., then, as you can see, the level of loss was very ugly but not critical in any moment.

paulomaks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 01:29:40 AM »

Seems that some more volatility is coming again, related with the signs of global economic difficulties in part of the majors, then this can be a good impulse to the 'momentum' kind EAs.

About the 3 lots, think that the EA uses different systems, different pairs and timeframes... was a day with a lot of action, and the 3 lots wasn't happened at same time and in the same direction. The recommended risk of my EAs is based in the worst DD (acumulated, no in one day) of bactkest of almost 10 years, where all the pairs are merged. And I usually match this DD with 20-30% of the balance. With this level of risk, an average yearly profit of 100% can be realistic.
But if someone feels more safe not seeing DD more far than 10-15%, then is enough use the half of the size recommended or the half of the balance.
Really was a very dangerous and critical moment with that big reversal, but I'm looking the equity of the mql5 signal, and in the worst moment, the EA fall from 11.030 to 10.540 ., then, as you can see, the level of loss was very ugly but not critical in any moment.

If you guys are discussing the leverage used (> 3 lots) on Atractor, it is pretty easy to see in hindsight. I Used the balance for the  calculation and it is written on the screenshot. MQL Signal page. Looks like it has been for a very short time only.