Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 21, 2019, 03:15:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 366
  • Total Topics: 54
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 144
  • (August 14, 2019, 12:20:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9

9 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Autolot function with virtual balance  (Read 126 times)

Jimmy

• View Profile
Autolot function with virtual balance
« on: September 18, 2019, 05:12:40 PM »
Hi Joel,

I just had a lightbulb moment today...

I think the reason why my accounts have been so successful, is because I use Fixed Lots!

Because with the Autolot function, the Lot size is increased when the account balance is higher, and the Lot size is reduced when the account balance is smaller - so it means you will lose more when the balance is at equity high, and when you have been in DD for some time and the account is smaller, when you make a recovery, the recovery will be less because the Lot size is smaller!

Which means, had your SFE PA official account used Fixed Lot all the time, you would have been out of this long stagnation already! The reason why it is still in stagnation is really because when the account makes big gains after it has been in DD for some time, the Lot sizes are always smaller and you make less gains from those big spikes.

So my proposal is you can make a new option for users to set a Fixed virtual balance, so the Lot size on Autolot won’t reduce when there is a loss. Or another way, is to configure the Autolot function so that the Lot size will only increase when the account makes a gain, but the Lot size will not reduce when the account makes a loss.

I am sure this will make the EAs even more profitable! What do you think? :)

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
Re: Autolot function with virtual balance
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 11:33:20 AM »
Ok, I like it, and other user has told me this and make sense.
I will add this parameter and we will have an optional way of money management.
For the moment I will add this parameter to SFE Night Scalper, which I will publish the last version this weekend.