Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 02, 2020, 11:10:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 72
  • Latest: zoom48
Stats
  • Total Posts: 698
  • Total Topics: 63
  • Online Today: 33
  • Online Ever: 144
  • (August 14, 2019, 12:20:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11
Total: 11

11 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: SFE Stealth EA  (Read 9915 times)

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
Re: SFE Stealth EA
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2019, 12:35:44 AM »
New version 1.2 published!

Read the first message of the thread:  https://smartforexexpert.com/index.php?topic=542.msg797#msg797

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2019, 02:22:01 AM »
Thanks Joel for always improving the EAs. :)

I have updated the SFE Stealth EA on my accounts to version 1.2 with synchronisation ID 1201.

Castellers de Vilafranca

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2019, 10:03:55 PM »
Hello.

I was checking and i didn't get the bad GBP trades few days ago on Stealth.

I did not bother to update to the newest version so i still have the old version.

I did get the bad NS trades though but on mimimum risk so no worries.

BUT just to let you guys know. Maybe this was only the new Stealth version that took these trades, for me on the old version everything was good.

Perfect! the same on my private accounts, because I still didn't get time to update the version! I did connect GBP the same day of the big drop, was for the version 1.1, in 1.0 still was disconnected. And I have made a good advance in the new version 1.2 with the 'safe mode', then, we can get something of this.

Also again on the old version i did not get this bad EURAUD trade that the newer version got. I will keep it on the old version!!! :)
But yes as I stated in the other thread I am getting new trades today for some reason. So I will manually turn it off. Not sure if anyone else is getting this problem?

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2019, 09:51:27 PM »
Hello.

I was checking and i didn't get the bad GBP trades few days ago on Stealth.

I did not bother to update to the newest version so i still have the old version.

I did get the bad NS trades though but on mimimum risk so no worries.

BUT just to let you guys know. Maybe this was only the new Stealth version that took these trades, for me on the old version everything was good.

Perfect! the same on my private accounts, because I still didn't get time to update the version! I did connect GBP the same day of the big drop, was for the version 1.1, in 1.0 still was disconnected. And I have made a good advance in the new version 1.2 with the 'safe mode', then, we can get something of this.

Also again on the old version i did not get this bad EURAUD trade that the newer version got. I will keep it on the old version!!! :)
But yes as I stated in the other thread I am getting new trades today for some reason. So I will manually turn it off. Not sure if anyone else is getting this problem?

Open trades in Christmas: This should be because you are still using the version 1.0
In the version 1.1 and 1.2, the christmas dates are deactivated. If you don't update for the moment, I  recommend your turn off the EA to at least January 7. The next days are the most dangerous.

The EURAUD trade: this is because is a trade on the timframe m15, which is new in version >1.1.  We will monitor close this timeframe to remove if we see is not good. I added because the backtest was nice enough, but will see...

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2020, 10:22:34 PM »
For people interested in metatrader 5. SFE Stealth has his mt5 version already  :D

Castellers de Vilafranca

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2020, 11:05:02 PM »
Joel I see that on myfxbook autotrade you have 198 subscribers.

I worry about this.
Aren't you worried about liquidity for a night scalper? As not only lot sizes but the number of trades that occur can affect price. I would of thought the the negatives would outweigh the positives for the performance (and therefore sales) by having anything at all connected to myfxbook autotrade.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2020, 12:47:56 AM »
Joel I see that on myfxbook autotrade you have 198 subscribers.

I worry about this.
Aren't you worried about liquidity for a night scalper? As not only lot sizes but the number of trades that occur can affect price. I would of thought the the negatives would outweigh the positives for the performance (and therefore sales) by having anything at all connected to myfxbook autotrade.

Don't worry, almost all the subscribers are demo and as you can see the live $ of the followers is ridiculous

And less than 20% of the trades are opened in the 'zero' hour. Before and after the liquidity is good enough.

Castellers de Vilafranca

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2020, 06:33:29 AM »
Oh wow that is quite bad reporting from myfxbook to claim that they have this many followers. 40 is very different from 200!!

Thanks for the update!

petersurrey

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2020, 03:16:27 AM »
Oh wow that is quite bad reporting from myfxbook to claim that they have this many followers. 40 is very different from 200!!

Thanks for the update!

myfxbook used to separate the two but to boost sales they now lump them together - I guess loads of systems are just demo'd which is no bad thing as so many fail over time - which I am sure will never apply to this one:) There is an average slippage/fee per trade of 1-2 pips with depending on the broker, which you need to account for. Another well-known pre Asian scalper (with MUCH higher DD) has been running for years without any issues so should be no problem with this one.

ronneychu

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2020, 09:56:36 AM »
i am so speechless to this EA. Keep losing money in a row in few days. As a scalper, the time of holding position should be as short as possible, and your EA always holds the position for like a whole day, so what are u expecting? Reversal of signal in so many hours? nonsense!! I am not going to use this EA until the improvement of position holding.

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2020, 12:22:46 PM »
i am so speechless to this EA. Keep losing money in a row in few days. As a scalper, the time of holding position should be as short as possible, and your EA always holds the position for like a whole day, so what are u expecting? Reversal of signal in so many hours? nonsense!! I am not going to use this EA until the improvement of position holding.

Hmm...I think you need to look at the big picture. The official SFE Stealth account is still up 36% since inception from August 2019.

Losses are part of trading, and the important thing is to be able to win more than you lose in the long term - which is exactly what this EA does. I think itís better to come back again in another 6 months and see where the Myfxbook account sits, before you make a judgement. :)

ronneychu

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2020, 08:22:38 PM »

Hmm...I think you need to look at the big picture. The official SFE Stealth account is still up 36% since inception from August 2019.

Losses are part of trading, and the important thing is to be able to win more than you lose in the long term - which is exactly what this EA does. I think itís better to come back again in another 6 months and see where the Myfxbook account sits, before you make a judgement. :)
so glad that i turned it off yesterday ;D ;D ;D good luck to you

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2020, 08:36:59 PM »
If someone is not in the telegram group, my comments about stealth today, to keep you informed:

Attractor YXY, [27.02.20 20:23]
Stealth on other reversal EAs can work, although the ratio between the average winning trade and a trade with SL hit is very bad. But must be this way. As is a reversal method, the SL can't be near because you go against the current movement. At the same time, hit the full SL happens very few times. The EA (and others of the same kind) is designed for exit of the position in loses when a pullback in the trade direction happens, because backtest shows is the best way to exit. But if the price moves in trend for hours and there is not any opportunity for this pullback, the trades is closed in the SL, the worst scenario.

Attractor YXY, [27.02.20 20:25]
you have to eat this scenario from time to time, but today has been very unlucky because several trades were opened and has been afected at the same time, without relevant pullback for exit, and just  the pullback happened at 1.10100 just after the last 2 trades closed.

Attractor YXY, [27.02.20 20:26]
The improvement in this EA can't go for manage a better exit. In the moment you are in, and the price move against without any opportunity, you are dead.

Attractor YXY, [27.02.20 20:27]
the improvement can be in the sense that seeing the strenght of the trend these days, and the big movement of the stocks, is not the best environment for reversal EAs, then, the improvement is filter out setups in situations like this.

Attractor YXY, [27.02.20 20:28]
but this is easy to say, and difficult to get, because since the beginning of the times, a good filter (without lag) for decide if you are or not in strong trend is very difficult.

Attractor YXY, [27.02.20 20:23]
Stealth on other reversal EAs can work, although the ratio between the average winning trade and a trade with SL hit is very bad. But must be this way. As is a reversal method, the SL can't be near because you go against the current movement. At the same time, hit the full SL happens very few times. The EA (and others of the same kind) is designed for exit of the position in loses when a pullback in the trade direction happens, because backtest shows is the best way to exit. But if the price moves in trend for hours and there is not any opportunity for this pullback, the trades is closed in the SL, the worst scenario.

Attractor YXY, [27.02.20 20:25]
you have to eat this scenario from time to time, but today has been very unlucky because several trades were opened and has been afected at the same time, without relevant pullback for exit, and just  the pullback happened at 1.10100 just after the last 2 trades closed.

Attractor YXY, [27.02.20 20:26]
The improvement in this EA can't go for manage a better exit. In the moment you are in, and the price move against without any opportunity, you are dead.

Attractor YXY, [27.02.20 20:27]
the improvement can be in the sense that seeing the strenght of the trend these days, and the big movement of the stocks, is not the best environment for reversal EAs, then, the improvement is filter out setups in situations like this.

Attractor YXY, [27.02.20 20:28]
but this is easy to say, and difficult to get, because since the beginning of the times, a good filter (without lag) for decide if you are or not in strong trend is very difficult.

Attractor YXY, [27.02.20 20:29]
anyway, I'm sure this bad experience can end in an improvement, I'm breaking my mind right now in how to filter this eficiently. Then, for the moment, I lowered the risk of the trades to 30% for those who connect to the smartforex server, while I do my job.

Attractor YXY, [27.02.20 20:30]
I will inform as soon I have any conclusion, I will try to do this quick.

Attractor YXY, [27.02.20 20:31]
jon, hamster, do you mean the robot of the mql5 market?

Attractor YXY, [27.02.20 20:31]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Attractor YXY, [27.02.20 20:32]
Well, in one side, a lot of historical accounts has broke in this movement, but I'm not happy because sfe counter systems also con suffer in this situation, and the smoothnes of the movements has don that any price action has been fired.

Attractor YXY, [27.02.20 20:33]
But is the first days of trending movement for EURUSD in two years, then, don't mean all will be like this in forward.

Attractor YXY, [27.02.20 20:34]
And not will be because at final, the trending market is the more easy to trade, for this reason almost never happen, because all the people can't win at the same time, therefore, the market is something a lot more complicated than perfect trends...

Attractor YXY, [27.02.20 20:35]
well, I go home now and I want to relax a bit, has been stressing see the movements today 😅

petersurrey

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2020, 08:26:23 AM »
Overall the R:R for this EA is just way too high - risking 100+ pips for an average of just a few TP. Because of this and the fact that it is a reversal system will always make it vulnerable to steep drawdowns. However, there is one pair which has bucked the trend and to which this system seems ideally suited - the XAUUSD - maybe just limit it to this and avoid the huge exposure which the current set up risks. One or two others may be worth keeping...but the system needs heavy pruning :)

Castellers de Vilafranca

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2020, 10:50:46 PM »
I think you'll find that that is the system. These losses would be part and parcel of it. The issue looks to be the addition of the M15 timeframe thus giving to much exposure to same pair at one time. hence risk basically doubled. Overoptimization can be our worst enemy in this case. There are plenty of books written about overoptimization to curve fit. In this case this is exactly what has happened. I had low risk for 3 months then was confident and went full risk the last 3 weeks! Not ideal!!