Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

July 05, 2020, 03:33:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 770
  • Total Topics: 69
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 144
  • (August 14, 2019, 12:20:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9

9 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: SFE Stealth EA  (Read 92757 times)

petersurrey

• View Profile
Re: SFE Stealth EA
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2020, 11:27:42 AM »
Finally.....correct me if I am wrong but your most recent 1.3 beta back test appears to confirm the above, in that most pairs appear to average less than 100 net pips PER YEAR on average, compared with the XAUUSD with 324000 total; to which you appear to have been assigned the wrong value.:

324,000 total XAUUSD pips over 10 years @ 1 cent per pip =  $3,240 not $296.....?..

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2020, 01:07:32 AM »
Joel is synchronization still happening? (I just cut and paste below in case I am using the wrong word)

Parameter: Synchronization ID

This parameter identifies configuration profiles and synchronizes through the Smartforexexpert website. Put 0 in this parameter if you don't want to use this feature.

For use this feature, you have to add the address:   https://smartforexexpert.com to the list of 'allow web request'

Yes is happening, but is all enabled at this moment. True that last 3 trades hit the SL, but is a bad streak, the EA will recover, will take some months cause the current deep DD, but is ready for recover.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2020, 01:09:14 AM »
Also Joel I checked in the backtest folder. There is no XAUEUR symbol in the backtests.

problably the backtest is earlier to add this symbol finally. I will give a try, icmarkets has this symbol and I think will work well.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2020, 01:09:51 AM »
Also another thing Joel is there is now no option for Order Comment.

I like to add comments to help search for everything on FX Blue or myfxbook plus I don't like brokers seeing what EA's I am using so I always change comment. The new Stealth does not have this option unfortunately.

I will upgrade the EA to recover this parameter

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2020, 01:16:22 AM »
Thanks for the updates Attractor - I note that almost all of your profit in your previous SFE stealth EA version(s) has come from one pair - XAUUSD - ( custom analysis of your myfxbook account without this pair). Is there any reason why your backtests fail to reflect this.. giving it about the same profit or worse than many others pairs.. assuming you are assigning the correct $/pip value? I much prefer an EA that targets specific high probability trades, rather than a more scattergun approach almost always on the market - perhaps your next version could reflect this?

The version 2.0 implements the point *A* and *B*.

https://smartforexexpert.com/index.php?topic=560.0

I have confidence in that will be make the EA more safe in weeks like the current, I mean, lose less for recover more fast the DD. It's true that the new version has begun with 3 SL hit in a run, but this just a bad streak, this version is safer than the previous.
Also the m15 timframe has been removed, major part of loses until now comes from the m15 timeframe. This timframe is too slow for this EA when market is more strong.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2020, 01:18:10 AM »
Can you also confirm whether there has been any change to entry/exit logic in your latest version?

No changes, but as explained in previous message, a new filter to discart potential dangerous situations is enabled, then will be less but safest setups.
other important feature, the risk mode based in %risk / trade.

petersurrey

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2020, 02:37:10 PM »
Nice run of winners since your last updates - which seem to be working. It would be good to see fixed lot trades so we can use true comparisons going forward ie standard 0.1 lot for all pairs.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2020, 12:26:23 PM »
Nice run of winners since your last updates - which seem to be working. It would be good to see fixed lot trades so we can use true comparisons going forward ie standard 0.1 lot for all pairs.

I encourage to any trader here to use metatrader 5 at least for backtest the EA using the demo version in mql5.

All the SFE EAs have now his clone versions in mql5, and in the mt5 backtester, you can backtest all the symbols at the same time, then you can simulate exaclty a basket of symbols growing accordingly the  balance. And you can backtest with fixed lot if desired. And do forward test since the update of the version...

I mean, is very easy with mt5 launch some test and extract conclusions.

Anyway, the use of %risk/trade instead of fixed lot size, is a must for me right now, and I preffer this way to evaluate the performance of the EAs, because all the trades counts the same, while in a fixed lot size, some extremal situations can move the profit to one direction or another, and interfere with the base performance of the EA.

Castellers de Vilafranca

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2020, 11:03:41 PM »
Evryone should remeber that STE and NS really struugle with number of trades right now because look at the average spreads past month

https://forexbenchmark.com/brokers/historic_spreads/

Looks like on some pairs the spread is coming back down again but it might take another cuple of months to go back to pre COVID spread levels

petersurrey

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2020, 01:08:48 PM »
Evryone should remeber that STE and NS really struugle with number of trades right now because look at the average spreads past month

https://forexbenchmark.com/brokers/historic_spreads/

Looks like on some pairs the spread is coming back down again but it might take another cuple of months to go back to pre COVID sepread levels

Agreed - gold is more stable but the opening spreads can still be large with IC Markets and highlights the benefit of a spread filter! Good results since March 10th and good to see this stabilsing after the rocky patch!

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2020, 09:32:50 PM »
version 2.3 published!
find the updated backtest in the first message.