Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

December 07, 2019, 03:47:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 46
  • Latest: uner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 478
  • Total Topics: 54
  • Online Today: 33
  • Online Ever: 144
  • (August 14, 2019, 12:20:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 17
Total: 19

17 Guests, 2 Users

Author Topic: SFE Stealth EA  (Read 3006 times)

Castellers de Vilafranca

• View Profile
Re: SFE Stealth EA
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2019, 09:28:21 PM »
In this case, or is happening something with the VPS / platform / ?, or maybe can be useful download the historical prices of the symbols

Joel - In this do you mean on the MT4 platform, in tools/options/chart tab - here I only have 1000 max bars in chart and only 1000 max bars in history. This is the setting on my VPS to try to save some RAM.

Whereas on my MT4 on my PC at home it is set to 512,000.....would this make a difference. Is this what you are talking about Joel?

Yogi - Japanese brokers, I have never heard of this. Are any of them good?
Jimmy - this is great I can now see that I will be able to compare with your myfxbook each day to see what it looks like for comparison.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2019, 11:19:40 PM »
In this case, or is happening something with the VPS / platform / ?, or maybe can be useful download the historical prices of the symbols

Joel - In this do you mean on the MT4 platform, in tools/options/chart tab - here I only have 1000 max bars in chart and only 1000 max bars in history. This is the setting on my VPS to try to save some RAM.

Whereas on my MT4 on my PC at home it is set to 512,000.....would this make a difference. Is this what you are talking about Joel?

Yogi - Japanese brokers, I have never heard of this. Are any of them good?
Jimmy - this is great I can now see that I will be able to compare with your myfxbook each day to see what it looks like for comparison.

Only 1.000 bars is a bit risky although in this EA is enough. Is OK save resources but put at least 10.000 bars, will not put the computer in any problem, and some EAs can require a large number.

Castellers de Vilafranca

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2019, 03:14:14 AM »
Will I ever have to change to GMT parameters on my EA?

I have IC markets account. ow that NY changes it's clocks this weekend. Will the EA do this all automatically? I don't want to be trading accidentally 1 hour earlier or later.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2019, 04:57:13 PM »
Will I ever have to change to GMT parameters on my EA?

I have IC markets account. ow that NY changes it's clocks this weekend. Will the EA do this all automatically? I don't want to be trading accidentally 1 hour earlier or later.

Any user with ICmarkets account, don't have to change the GMT parameters never. Are always the default value.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2019, 03:37:33 PM »
Perfect performance the first three months of live trading:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marketplace: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/39238
Myfxbook stats: https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/sfe-stealth/3467690
Live Signal: https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/614593
Backtest and Setup video     https://youtu.be/WmSDMoo24wM

paulomaks

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2019, 08:03:03 AM »
Very cool ...  :) :) .. Joel, if you should "categorize" Stealth, would you categorize / label it as a Scalping-Strategy ?

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2019, 11:11:00 PM »
Very cool ...  :) :) .. Joel, if you should "categorize" Stealth, would you categorize / label it as a Scalping-Strategy ?

Is an scalper in the sense that the EA usually have the TP near in relation to the 'momentum' EAs for example, where we expect to grab a long profit.
But as far I know, the scalper term applies to more agressive systems, with very tight TP and SL, and very low time of action.
I suppose not exist a concept to define well every system.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2019, 12:11:12 AM »
Good news

The version 1.1 will be published very soon. I'm using already this version in the main signal of the EA, so, until the publication, the trades of the signal can differ a bit from you current trades.

MT5 backtest with realt tick:  https://c.mql5.com/31/380/SFE_Stealth_R110_Preview.zip

These are the improvements:

- a new internal filter condition has removed some non profitable setups, about 7% of the old setups. This increase the profit factor significantly.

- some of the best symbols also launch some trades using the m15 timeframe. As always, is handled from only one m5 chart. I expect more improvements in this timeframe in future versions.

- the selection of pairs has been reviewed using metatrader 5 with real ticks. I have been able finally to use the 'real ticks' option during the backtest.

- in the backtest, you can see less symbols than the version 1.0, this is because some pairs has shown not enough profitable when bactkest with 'real ticks' has been used. This don't mean that this pairs will be removed definetely, I will explain later.

- the feature of connect to the smartforexexpert for see if some symbols are disabled in this moment for some reason, has been expanded with the option of apply different size of the trades in the selected symbols. This is because I think is better use some pairs at lower size instead of not use them, in this way, we can keep the real time supevision of the performance of these pairs, and this helps to improve the EA. Then for example, the mentioned removed pairs in the current backtest, probably will be included in the pairlist, but these pairs will have the size affected for the moment, for example x 0.2

- I have a big hope that my future plans of add the historical calendar to the backtest, will increase the performance significantly in general, so, some pairs that at this moment have problems, can be attractive again.

- The day of the tripple swap is detected automatically for if some broker don't apply this on wednesday night.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 12:16:49 AM by Attractor »

Peter

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2019, 01:14:25 AM »
Hi,
I am interested to buy this EA, but first will test myfxbook signals.
Unfortunately, good EA's dont last too long.
And those that last for years do so by almost always taking massive DD, which is undesirable.
Anyway, hope yours continues. Time will tell.

Regarding stops, what is the risk % at myfxbk signals?

Thanks.

Byte

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2019, 02:48:47 PM »
Thank you for the continued improvements. I am very impressed by how you keep working on the EAs you have (and the results I have so far)

Good news

The version 1.1 will be published very soon. I'm using already this version in the main signal of the EA, so, until the publication, the trades of the signal can differ a bit from you current trades.

MT5 backtest with realt tick:  https://c.mql5.com/31/380/SFE_Stealth_R110_Preview.zip

These are the improvements:

- a new internal filter condition has removed some non profitable setups, about 7% of the old setups. This increase the profit factor significantly.

- some of the best symbols also launch some trades using the m15 timeframe. As always, is handled from only one m5 chart. I expect more improvements in this timeframe in future versions.

- the selection of pairs has been reviewed using metatrader 5 with real ticks. I have been able finally to use the 'real ticks' option during the backtest.

- in the backtest, you can see less symbols than the version 1.0, this is because some pairs has shown not enough profitable when bactkest with 'real ticks' has been used. This don't mean that this pairs will be removed definetely, I will explain later.

- the feature of connect to the smartforexexpert for see if some symbols are disabled in this moment for some reason, has been expanded with the option of apply different size of the trades in the selected symbols. This is because I think is better use some pairs at lower size instead of not use them, in this way, we can keep the real time supevision of the performance of these pairs, and this helps to improve the EA. Then for example, the mentioned removed pairs in the current backtest, probably will be included in the pairlist, but these pairs will have the size affected for the moment, for example x 0.2

- I have a big hope that my future plans of add the historical calendar to the backtest, will increase the performance significantly in general, so, some pairs that at this moment have problems, can be attractive again.

- The day of the tripple swap is detected automatically for if some broker don't apply this on wednesday night.

petersurrey

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2019, 12:02:41 PM »
Hi I am trading your signal for stealth which I assume is now the latest version - a few questions:

Do you take into account important news events such as the UK election Oct 12th? NFP FOMC etc?

The XAUUSD is showing approx 1 million pips on your BT but only $800 yearly profit - which is way lower than the current live trade history to date - do you think it will really be this low going forward or is it a conversion ( pip to USD) error?

Keep up the great work!

Pete, UK.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2019, 06:58:15 PM »
Hi,
I am interested to buy this EA, but first will test myfxbook signals.
Unfortunately, good EA's dont last too long.
And those that last for years do so by almost always taking massive DD, which is undesirable.
Anyway, hope yours continues. Time will tell.

Regarding stops, what is the risk % at myfxbk signals?

Thanks.

Hi, thank you for join to the forum.
The signal in myfxbook is the same account of mql5. And works with the 'recommended' risk. Where the normal DD whould be around 10-15%.
But as far I know, if you follow some signal in myfxbook with autotrade, you can choose your risk multiplier in relation to the master account.
myfxbook autotrade can be good for test, but at mid long term, you pay a lot of commissions for use autotrade, and this 'eats' major part of the profit.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2019, 07:05:24 PM »
Hi I am trading your signal for stealth which I assume is now the latest version - a few questions:

Do you take into account important news events such as the UK election Oct 12th? NFP FOMC etc?

The XAUUSD is showing approx 1 million pips on your BT but only $800 yearly profit - which is way lower than the current live trade history to date - do you think it will really be this low going forward or is it a conversion ( pip to USD) error?

Keep up the great work!

Pete, UK.

You have to remove 1 zero to compare the XAU information in myfxbook. If you see 4.000, really is 400 pips. This explains this strange relation with pips and profit actually.
In 2020, one of my goals is connect the calendar to the EAs and take decisions in relation to the calendar. At this moment, in SFE NS and SFE STE, where the new events are dangerous, we are using a kind of semi automated control, where I touch the sizes of the symbols if we have to face a big event. But I have to automatize.

I will explain this better in the next message, where I explain the new version.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2019, 07:21:30 PM »
Hi,
the final look of the recently published version 1.1 is this:

BACKTESTED IN METRATRADER 5 WITH REAL TICKS

The current size ratio for normal risk is 0.01 lots / 400 USD of balance. In my EUR account, I will be a bit more conservative using 0.01 lots / 400 EUR.

- the feature of connect to the smartforexexpert for see if some symbols are disabled in this moment for some reason, has been expanded with the option of apply different size of the trades in the selected symbols.

Using this feature, I make a difference between the pairs I like more (0.21 size in the image), in front some pairs I want to follow but I have less confidence right now (0.05 size in the image).
At same time, the pairs with 0.08 in the image, are the related with the Brexit.
This don't mean that some days, I will disable totally some pairs, but in general, right now, I like the idea to left them enabled with less size, this way I can follow his performance and find improvements.

Remember that for receive these different size multipliers the same I have in my signal, you have to add the adress:   https://smartforexexpert.com to the list of 'allow web request'

uner

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2019, 09:31:56 PM »
thanks for the update.

can version 1 run next to 1.1 ?? since there is no magic number input i am not so sure.

one point of concern i have is a regards eurnzd, it had massive spikes sometimes on sunday open in years past, most n pairs, gn even more so which i know the ea does not trade.

is 1.1 coded so it wont trade eurnzd over the weekend ??