Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

January 27, 2020, 12:07:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 570
  • Total Topics: 60
  • Online Today: 26
  • Online Ever: 144
  • (August 14, 2019, 12:20:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

18 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: SFE Stealth EA  (Read 5889 times)

Castellers de Vilafranca

• View Profile
Re: SFE Stealth EA
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2019, 10:19:37 PM »
Will the old version still work if I don't want to upgrade it on my VPS?

I have never upgraded before and whenever I press the "market" tab on MT4 the terminal just shuts down. So I don't know why this is happening, besides I don't want to trade any GBP before this election next week or over Chritmas/New year so maybe I can just update halfway through January? Is this an option???

It's really annoying. On my desktop MT4 can open the "market" tab on my MT4 it is just on my VPS. So I have to discover what is the problem. But it's definitely not the EA it is obviously something with my VPS.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2019, 10:27:23 PM »
thanks for the update.

can version 1 run next to 1.1 ?? since there is no magic number input i am not so sure.

one point of concern i have is a regards eurnzd, it had massive spikes sometimes on sunday open in years past, most n pairs, gn even more so which i know the ea does not trade.

is 1.1 coded so it wont trade eurnzd over the weekend ??

Thank you for participate here.
Is better wait for don't have opened trades to update. The magic is the same, but if for example in the previous version a symbol exists in the list and now have been removed, then is not handled. But in this case I think all the symbols are also now in the version 1.1. But in general, better wait for don't have trades.

The EURNZD question. It's true, but now I'm working and backtesting with metrader 5 with real ticks. In general, these spikes are only heavy open of the spreads, up to 40 pips for example, then, these ugly spreads of the first minutes of the opening in sunday night, are handled, and after 30-40 minutes, things are normal again.

During these spikes, when are related to big spreads, the EA don't do nothing opening or closing the trades, and waits for better conditions.

While in Night Scalper open trades on friday afternoon is removed, in STE is connected, because backtest says that are very favourable trades in the mid / long term, but in exchange, we have to suffer some stress during the weekend and in the opening of the week while the spreads are high.

If you or someone is not conformtable with this pair for example, you can remove it form the least, is only one between a lot.

To send a calm message, at final, the expositon to a single symbol is not very high, then, from time to time, we will be caught in a very bad single trade, but as we can see, these EA can growth day by day in general, then, in few days or weeks at most, the DD should be recovered.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2019, 10:33:05 PM »

I have never upgraded before and whenever I press the "market" tab on MT4 the terminal just shuts down. So I don't know why this is happening, besides I don't want to trade any GBP before this election next week or over Chritmas/New year so maybe I can just update halfway through January? Is this an option???

It's really annoying. On my desktop MT4 can open the "market" tab on my MT4 it is just on my VPS. So I have to discover what is the problem. But it's definitely not the EA it is obviously something with my VPS.

Yes you can use the 1.0 version while not upgrading.
Probably the most easy way to solve this in your VPS is installing a fresh metrader on other directory and try what happens.
Anyway remember, you are free to remove GBP pairs form the list for the moment, then you are 100% sure that any GBP trade will be opened.

uner

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2019, 11:08:34 PM »

i have had that issue once before as well. i think this command requires large resources and you might run out of ram.

try shutting down all other mt4 or whatever else is running, then when only one mt4 is running try again.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2019, 12:11:42 AM »

i have had that issue once before as well. i think this command requires large resources and you might run out of ram.

try shutting down all other mt4 or whatever else is running, then when only one mt4 is running try again.

For decrease the resource needed by mt4, remember to reduce the number of bars on history and charts. And also leave on the market watch only the symbols needed to run the EAs.

Byte

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2019, 05:47:10 PM »

If you are using BeeksFX as VPS provider and POM, it might just be too long a delay and the POM tool thinks the MT4 is frozen. That is what happened to me. Taking it of the POM and being a little patient allowed me to get to the market place. Hope that helps.

Castellers de Vilafranca

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2019, 11:19:37 PM »

Yes i am with Beeks and POM. Great tip!! I will check in few hours once trades have settled :)

If you are using BeeksFX as VPS provider and POM, it might just be too long a delay and the POM tool thinks the MT4 is frozen. That is what happened to me. Taking it of the POM and being a little patient allowed me to get to the market place. Hope that helps.

petersurrey

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2019, 04:08:35 AM »
Very nice management of UK Brexit GBP volatility with your stealth signal - well done :D

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2019, 11:05:13 PM »
Very nice management of UK Brexit GBP volatility with your stealth signal - well done :D

thank you! I will continue working on manage the events, has a high priority in my task list.

petersurrey

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2019, 05:41:09 AM »
Hi again I am just trying to get my head around your XAUUSD back test results which puts this way down the list of the most profitbale pairs @ around $300 per year trading 0.1 mini lot over 5 years. Yet the LIVE trades to date are averaging over 100 adjusted pips per month @ $1 per pip = 100 USD per month per mini lot traded; making it closer to 1200 USD per year return versus your projected 300 USD  - would you agree? It just appears from live trading that this pair is way outperforming other pairs thus far...

Keep up the great work!

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2019, 09:13:53 PM »
The notable loss 2 days ago was a merge of greedy and bad luck, connecting GBP the same day that dropped a lot, and Stealth and Night Scalper were affected.

This is always a pain but I'm happy to inform that seeing the losses in direct I have some ideas to implement a 'safe mode' in these 2 EAs, which will add and interesting level of protection against this kind of movements.

The protection strategy, obviously I will not give much detail, but is based in some algorimths to decide when and when not will be allowable open more trades for the same currency, then, the probabilities to be caught in a bad situation with several trades in the same currency will be reduced a lot. And as at final the exposition of a single trade is low, because the size of the trade is not big in relation the balance, the important for not suffer a big drop is not be caught with several positions on the same currency.

News soon  ;)

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2019, 08:00:47 PM »
Parameter: Synchronization ID

This parameter identifies configuration profiles and synchronizes through the Smartforexexpert website. Put 0 in this parameter if you don't want to use this feature.

For use this feature, you have to add the address:   https://smartforexexpert.com to the list of 'allow web request'

The synchro can do two things:

- disable symbols or currencies
- change the relative sizes of the symbols

Without guarantees, but every day I can, if there is a major event related with one currency, I will disable the currency those day.

Also, in some profiles, I do rebalance of the size of the different pairs based on my ranking of best pairs.

When a symbol is disabled appears in light yellow like the image, where USD pairs has been disabled as an example.

In the future, I want to automatize the symbols disabled the days of big events at 100%, for the moment I'm using this semi manual method.

Current profiles of the version 1.2

Profile 1201: Is the profile of my signal. only GBPUSD between GBP is used and at half size, until Brexit is done. The sizes of some pairs are rebalanced.

Profile 1202: GBP symbols are disconnected until Brexit.

In all the profiles, the disable of big events will be done.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2019, 08:31:55 PM »
New parameter Safe Mode. Since version 1.2

After see the last DD with the GBP big drop, I have been intensely thinking in how to protect against this, and I found an interesting condition which freeze the opening of new orders in the affected currency when the situation is turning bad. I will not give details, but this function uses the information about all the opened trades, then, can't be simulated in the mt4 bactkester but has been developed using the mt5 platform, and then mirrorring the code to mt4.

As we can see in the next image, in a comparison between bactkest without Safe Mode  (upper) and Safe mode actived (below), the drawback is that we will get less operations at final, and this is less total profit, but the relation between the total profit and the maximal DD is by far better in the 'Safe mode' option.

And this backtest is only with what happened last years, but I like have this option enabled because the scenario can be even worse, and then, the difference in the DD can be even higher.

Then, I recommend use the safe mode, which is what I do in my signal, with a bigger size than normal mode, for compensate the total profit, because the DD of the safe mode increased is expected to be still by far lower than normal mode.

Anyway, if someone want to use normal mode, can do it, but I recommend do a daily analisis of if a potential dangerous situation can happen, like elections, brexit, holydays, ... and not use the EA these days.

Castellers de Vilafranca

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2019, 08:49:11 PM »
Hello.

I was checking and i didn't get the bad GBP trades few days ago on Stealth.

I did not bother to update to the newest version so i still have the old version.

I did get the bad NS trades though but on mimimum risk so no worries.

BUT just to let you guys know. Maybe this was only the new Stealth version that took these trades, for me on the old version everything was good.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2019, 09:28:16 PM »
Hello.

I was checking and i didn't get the bad GBP trades few days ago on Stealth.

I did not bother to update to the newest version so i still have the old version.

I did get the bad NS trades though but on mimimum risk so no worries.

BUT just to let you guys know. Maybe this was only the new Stealth version that took these trades, for me on the old version everything was good.

Perfect! the same on my private accounts, because I still didn't get time to update the version! I did connect GBP the same day of the big drop, was for the version 1.1, in 1.0 still was disconnected. And I have made a good advance in the new version 1.2 with the 'safe mode', then, we can get something of this.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 09:35:10 PM by Attractor »