Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

January 27, 2020, 12:09:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 570
  • Total Topics: 60
  • Online Today: 26
  • Online Ever: 144
  • (August 14, 2019, 12:20:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16

16 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: SFE Recommended Portfolio 2020  (Read 157 times)

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
SFE Recommended Portfolio 2020
« on: January 11, 2020, 12:39:03 AM »
This is the list of SmartForexExpert EAs since the start (SFE Breakout will be published soon)

- Momentum and breakout EAs are similar, but I make a difference between a setup based in gain momentum from a setup more based in a breakout, this breakout can happen with low momentum sometimes. For this reason I believe that can develop quite different.

- The same with the difference between the night scalper and the reversal system. While night scalper is more related with volatility movements out of time, the reversal system (stealth) finds potential reversals which sometimes happens without volatility or momentum. For this reason also develop very different.

I like to do this classification because in order to diversify the portfolio, the interesting is use EAs from different kind if possible.

In the Momentum S means (straight) and R (reversal), means that some of the EAs setups stop trades to enter if the movement fails with a strong reversal. By default, the systems with S+R are more versatile than only S.

Continue...

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
Re: SFE Recommended Portfolio 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 12:41:21 AM »
I want to quote this message of Jimmy. I have been talking so long that the volatility is very low and the reversals are very common, and in this message, we can see a clear image of this. Is important know this for understant the difficulties of the momentum and breakout systems right now. Please, follow the link.

Happy New Year!! :)

I just came across this article which showed how little volatility there was in 2019, which explains why we did not see much extension on breakouts: https://www.forexlive.com/technical-analysis/!/currencies-2019-the-year-of-low-volatility-20191231

In 2019 EURUSD had the lowest volatility dating back to 1980! - no wonder SFE EU struggled so much.

The good news is, after so little volatility in a year, the following year usually will be much more volatile. For example, the prior yearly low EU trading range was 883 pips back in 1996.  In 1997, the range rose to 2280 pips.  Letís see if this holds true for 2020. :D

Continue...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 12:44:37 AM by Attractor »

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
Re: SFE Recommended Portfolio 2020
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 01:06:56 AM »
The next is my recommendation of portfolio for users of SFE.

Momentum / Breakout EAs are which give me more confidence at long term, even with the current difficulties, for this reason is always my first choice. Obviously, the preferred is Attractor, which is S/R the same as PA, but has born in the current low volatility market, then, as we can see in the live action, is developing better than PA. So, Attractor is the first. If you own PA, can be used instead of Attr, although the EA need a bit more movement for make the profits of the past.

The second place if for a completely different kind of EA, Stealth is my preferred, but if anyone have NS, can be used. I have a lot of confidence in STE. STE and ATTR I think are the best duo between my EAs.

Please, note that STE and NS must be used in a good broker, otherwise, a big part of the profit will be lost, then, maybe is better use a EA less sensible to the broker, like Breakout.

I forgot to say that the momentum / breakout EAs can work more equal on any broker because the pips / trade expected are better than in the STE and NS. Please move to a good broker, there is no reason to stay in medium or bad brokers.

If we want to launch a third, the selection should be for Breakout I think, because is more different from ATTR than other secondary momentum EAs like KISS or F&F.

The EURUSD EA I want to work on it, for the moment I will wait for the new version.

For the fourth, add the Night Scalper, and then we have: momentum (S+R) + reversal + breakout + night trader. 4 quite different kind between them, and I hope that this 4 combo can give us a very good sustained growth. This is the combo I'm using in my personal accounts, with this usage of the balance:   Attr (70) + Ste (70) + Breakout (30) + NS (30). Using in total 200% of the balance, using always the recommended size in each EA.

Finally recommend to view and follow the Jimmy's journal with his own portfolio of SFE EAs.