Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

February 21, 2020, 12:28:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 609
  • Total Topics: 58
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 144
  • (August 14, 2019, 12:20:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 11
Total: 12

11 Guests, 1 User

Author Topic: SFE Stock Market  (Read 267 times)

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
SFE Stock Market
« on: January 26, 2020, 10:09:50 PM »
SFE Stock Market is coming soon!

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/atractor/sfe-stock-market/4394227

Tomorrow I will launch in a live account the EA, and if works well at technical level, will be published soon.

This is a big advance for SFE, because this introduce a new market and extends the diversification and the capacity of growth.

Some brokers are offering the access to stock markets (CFDs) in metatrader 5, like ICMarkets.

In this version, I have centered in the US stocks offered by ICMarkets, then, if someone is interested, for the moment use an ICMarkets account will be the safest while I test other brokers.

The spreads and the commission of ICMarkets in the stocks CFDs is very good. The drawback is the interest we have to pay in relation to the opened positions, but seems that the potential of the EA is enough for cover this and much more.

Develop in the stock markets is an idea that I have been working discontinously for more than two years, and now finally I think I have something good enough for begin to use in real.

And once the approach has been found, the possibilities of improvement in the next months are huge.

I like the stock markets because in general, I mean in the average, you know his trend, which is an uptrend. So, the EA will use only buy orders, and the selection of stocks has to be stocks of companies with good health.

If you invest in a stock index, and keep the investment for X years, in all the stock history life the index has growth, but four ourselves, years of DD can be a lot, then, the objective of the EA is overperform the index and fall less and growth more than the index, getting more profit at the final of the year, and reducing the periods of stagnation.

The next image is de development if the Dow Jones and the EA, as we can see, the better perform of the EA is very clear. It' s true that I only backtested at whole the 2018 and 2019 year, because for some reason in ICMarkets I haven't got more historical data, begins at final of 2017, but for how works all internally and the big number of stocks involved, I have a very strong feeling that this EA has a very good edge already.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 12:07:55 AM by Attractor »

Jimmy

• View Profile
Re: SFE Stock Market
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 02:24:09 PM »
Hi Joel,

It's an exciting new EA, but I just wonder how it would manage if there is a crash in the stock market like what we saw with the GFC in 2008?

We had Black Monday in 1987, Dot Com Bubble in 2000, GFC in 2008 and people have been saying for some time that we are about due for another crash, or at least some form of correction in the near future. I wonder how the EA would manage if the stock market goes down 30-50% from here like it did during those corrections?

Or perhaps I should wait for the long overdue correction to happen first, then start using this EA....? ::)

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 08:07:43 PM »
I will reply this question and post more information soon  ;)

Last days I have ended exhausted after the work on the cloned mt4 - mt5 versions of my last EAs. I will return to the stocks soon.

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 12:19:19 AM »
I just finished my last tests in live with the SFE Stock Market, I'm happy with the current stage of development, and my intention is publish it this week.

The strenght of this EA is add more diversification to the portfolios. As we can imagine, the profit of this EA don't have any relation to any of the forex EAs.

The EA now give me enough signals that can overperform the index.
Obviously, if the Stock market falls strong, the EA also will fall, but is expected that fall less, and will recover quickly, and as we know, stock market tends to growth since the begin of the times, so, I expect a lot of this EA.

This first version, will work with USA stocks, in brokers like ICMarkets. In MT5.

I attached in the first message the backtest. One with a selection of pairs of ICMarkets, from 2018, and other with other selection of pairs of Darwinex. At least in my ICMarkets platform, I can't get prices prior 2018.