Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

October 31, 2020, 09:13:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 756
  • Total Topics: 70
  • Online Today: 17
  • Online Ever: 144
  • (August 14, 2019, 12:20:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10
Total: 10

10 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: SFE Gold Fever EA  (Read 1311 times)

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
SFE Gold Fever EA
« on: August 08, 2020, 12:15:24 AM »
Product pages:

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/53174
https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/53177

The objective of the EA is trade XAUUSD long and overperform the price of XAUUSD. We can see the comparison between the price of XAUUSD between 2008-current, and the performance of the EA (the backtest) starting with a balance of 850, the same as the gold price. And the DD of each situation

Good news. The version 1.2 adds more systems for Gold Fever. The systems can't be customized, are internal. New systems will be added, updated periodically.

For Use this new mode instead of the normal 'Gold Fever', touch these parameters:

Both Options ( all internal systems ) and Gold Fever can be used at the same time

The new EA SFE Gold Fever has been published. For long time I had in mind launch something special for gold, and now I have found something that seems to work very well.

For old SFE followers. Which is the apportation of this EA?

The character of XAUUSD vs forex pairs is quite different, now, with this EA, one of the differences raises.

While forex pairs, at least last years, hardly have a mid / long term trend, XAUUSD have it. Not all the years, but in general.

And not only this, the main background trend is up. Like the stock markets.

So, with the current popularity of Gold for the new highs, and working on my trend EAs (SFE Trend and SFE Stock Market), I have found that these kind of trading can be very powerful on XAUUSD.

SFE Trend trades XAUUSD already, but SFE Trend algorithms needs to be quite subtile for can work on a wide number of symbols.

Instead of this, the approach on SFE Gold Fever, is use very raw versions of my trend library, and the result for XAUUSD is very promising as we can see in the backtest. Based on the backtest, SFE Gold Fever of by far more powerful than SFE Trend in the case of XAUUSD, and uncorrelated results.

The EA works very well in any of the 4 timeframes, M5, M15, M30, H1. In all the days of the week, in all the hours.

By default, I launched the EA with the short trades parameter disabled, because gold has been un uptrend since all the world history, so is the correct side to trade.

The EA comes with the hours for trading and the days editable. Also with the timeframes used editable. As we can see for XAUUSD, use all the hours and days and tf seems the best, but I included this because I detected that some timeframes and ranges of hours can be good for other forex pairs. And also can works well for other symbols which moves in strong trends, for example the BTCUSD.

I will not invest time on search for the moment, but there is the possibility if someone want to find it.

As this EA can be viewed as a 'minor' EA, because only is prepared by default for XAUUSD, has a cheaper price than others on the SFE family, and also I want to launch it with a good discount to give any SFE follower the opportunity to get it.

For me, is 'safe', undestanding is nothing safe in trading, use this EA by default with XAUUSD in the long term with the default configuration. The objective is overperform the XAUUSD price rise in the long term, and getting less deep DD in the way.

For small accounts focused on try to grow fast, the recommended risk is the current by default, 3% / trade.

For existing users who adds this EA to this porfolio, I recommend ponderate more that risk, with a max. value of 1.5% / trade, or the porfolio will be too much sensible to this EA.  *** and after this, assing the desired % of balance, for example, 30% or 40%

Attached is the backtest, starting with 10.000 USD on 2008 and the default parameters.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 09:16:07 PM by Attractor »

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
Re: SFE Gold Fever EA
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 01:28:27 PM »
As expected this EA works well with any symbol that usually moves in strong trends. I just tested in bitcoin with the default parameters (and also connecting Shorts because downtrends are also huge in bitcoint, and I get good results)

Castellers de Vilafranca

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 08:22:53 AM »
Hi Joel is there a live myfxbook link with history?

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 02:20:47 PM »
Hi Joel is there a live myfxbook link with history?

The signal on mql5 right now. No history just started.

https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/806598

I will add the myfxbook link soon

Castellers de Vilafranca

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 01:21:50 AM »
Hi Joel. I have few questions.

In the description you talked about Gold and trend mainly being uptrend so you trade long only.

Same with Bitcoin.

But this EA has the option to trade long only am I correct? However it also has the ability to trade short?

So I can imagine that backtest results for a currency pair like EURCHF that it is always ranging is bad for this EA.

What about things such as softs CFD's (coffee, sugar, etc) and what about other metals CFD's?
And then of course what about ETF CFD's?

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 08:20:24 PM »

In the description you talked about Gold and trend mainly being uptrend so you trade long only.

Same with Bitcoin.

But this EA has the option to trade long only am I correct? However it also has the ability to trade short?

So I can imagine that backtest results for a currency pair like EURCHF that it is always ranging is bad for this EA.

What about things such as softs CFD's (coffee, sugar, etc) and what about other metals CFD's?

Hi,
you know the BTCUSD info has been published, works very well for this symbol. I haven't tried to other CFD's but is a task to do because can work well on several. The problem with that kind of CFDs different to Forex, is the lack of historical prices or the bad quality of that prices, like the happened in BTCUSD that I have commented in the telegram group.

Castellers de Vilafranca

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 11:04:16 PM »

Same with Bitcoin.

Hi,
you know the BTCUSD info has been published, works very well for this symbol. I haven't tried to other CFD's but is a task to do because can work well on several. The problem with that kind of CFDs different to Forex, is the lack of historical prices or the bad quality of that prices, like the happened in BTCUSD that I have commented in the telegram group.

Yes that was awesome Joel. I attached set file to a MT4 demo on BTC to see if it works on MT4 demo account BTCUSD. tahnk you a lot :)

Attractor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SmartForexExpert
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 08:38:42 PM »
Good news. The version 1.2 adds more systems for Gold Fever. The systems can't be customized, are internal. New systems will be added, updated periodically.

For Use this new mode instead of the normal 'Gold Fever', touch these parameters:

Both Options ( all internal systems ) and Gold Fever can be used at the same time

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 08:55:57 PM by Attractor »